Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I wonder if someone would be able to help me?

I was told to adjust the handbrake you need to remove the ashtray on the reaer of the centre console, remove the plastic behind this. Take the hadbrake off and press the breake pedal until firm and then press the yellow springloaded 'button' under the centre conslole in the handbrake mechanism.

I tried the above and nothing happened , nor can I see a way of adjusting it (no visible wingnut etc). Could someone tell me how to adjust the handrake?

·
Registered
909 Posts
it is an auto adjusting handbrake. When I changed the pads on my 407 I had to adjust the hand brake.
I released the spring loaded button, pumped the brake pedal hard 3-4 times, released the brake pedal. Then applied the handbrake a couple of times, you can hear it adjust. My handbrake was fine after that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Yes, I knew it was auto adjusting but like you i have changed the brake pads. Sounds like I might be doing it in the wrong order. When you say you released the spring loaded button what do you mean? you pressed it, held it in or undid it?Was the handbrake on or off at this point?

·
Registered
909 Posts
handbrake off and used a flat blade screwdriver to lift it away from the ratchet mechanism until it reset. then pump brake pedal, release brake pedal and apply handbrake. it was a couple of years ago now that I did it so im relyin on my memory

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got round to adjusting the handbrake.
As i couldn't find anything to compress the spring loaded pin/button with the plastic yellow nut I ended up taking the yellow nut off and removed the spring and pin.
I did drop the yellow nut, bugger to get out as well !!

Anyway followed what you said and it adjusted after half a dozen pulls on the handbrake.

Put the pin/spring plasic nut back and jobs a good un.

Thanks for your help :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally got round to adjusting the handbrake.
As i couldn't find anything to compress the spring loaded pin/button with the plastic yellow nut I ended up taking the yellow nut off and removed the spring and pin.
I did drop the yellow nut, bugger to get out as well !!

Anyway followed what you said and it adjusted after half a dozen pulls on the handbrake.

Put the pin/spring plasic nut back and jobs a good un.

Thanks for your help :thumb:
i just did my brake pads in the rear, now my handbrake lose, did you adjust it from the inside of the car ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts