Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I currently own a 2006 Peugeot 407 Coupe 2.2i petrol and the gearbox makes some bad noises. Car is still in use, gearbox problems are based on guessings and repair cost is about the third of car value. I was told that it is cheaper just to swap another gearbox. The problem is that I can not find any ML6JC 6-speed gearboxes in my entire country. Are there any other PSA cars that uses the same gearbox? I would check them then.

Thank you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi..

which region/country are you located?? whats a mileage on car? For transmission problems no "Guessing" just hang it on computer and look out for the codes/faults. If no codes then give it try by replacing transmission fluid and filter(if equipped).

I think you need a professional mechanic who know about Peugeot cars or take ride to Peugeot dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Lithuania and car has done 228k kilometers. There are no fault codes of gearbox and fluid was changed not a long time ago. Guessings are based on how the car drives and what noises gearbox make but final problem, of course, will be known after gearbox removal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts