Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one,
first of all i need to confess that i have done something that for a car enthusiast like me its not appropriate...:tantrum:

I have connected the battery wrong way around :thumb:
It was very dark and i had to move my car witch was parked at the back of my property...

i have Pug 407 coupe 2.7hdi 2006 .Now my car is NOT starting and a lot of functions is not working.:nono:
central locking ,interior lights , alarm they work fine, but electric seats ,windows , the screen inside the car (stereo ,air con etc.) NOT. when i try to start the car it beeps and where it usually shows gear selection on the speedometer "N","1" etc. it shows " - " like a minus symbol.
I did checked most of the fuses but couldn't find any blown ones.
i hope its any of the relays or any hidden fuses i don't know about.
Plus i cant find my handbook so that doesn't help at all.

please help :(
Regards
Paul

D

·
0 Posts
This could be a massively expensive mistake. The worst case is the engine ecu, bsi and engine bay fusebox are blown. Others could be blown also. Get the car to your dealer.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure that might be expensive but I hope that's something not.
Is there a way to check that my self because dealerships are very expensive these days.

D

·
0 Posts
Go to the dealer. If that came into me id be confident having that diagnosed within an hour. Cheaper than you think. Some back street garage would be messing with that for a week.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Oh dear. I did that to my 406 once, didnt do any harm! Some how...
Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting following the routine? Leave it for a bit disconnected like say 20 mins? and see if it re initialises stuff?
It may have goosed something though :(

·
12,095 Posts
I agree with David. If the electrics have been goosed you won't even get a fellow member willing to risk their Lexia3 diagnostic gear either.

Take it to Peugeot, just get a diagnostic then report back here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts