·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the dreaded loom fault on the boot! Does anybody know:

1. How many wires present?
2. What gauge those wires are?
3. Length of the wires?

Searched everywhere but no definitive answers... and if the "repairs" to the washer pipe is anything to go by, the repair in the boot is going to be absolutely atrocious!

·
5,040 Posts
does this help at all ?? same issue as saloon,doddle to fix we removee the loom and repaired it in the shed. Whole job took less than half an hour

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply but sadly no. I don't think I will get the answers I will need so will rip it out and report back for anybody else that is interested!

As it's so common, most likely the sheathing is standard PVC which isn't meant to flex as much, snapping it. My plan was to remove the entire loom and remake it using high quality PTFE sheathed wire. Expensive but then should never go wrong! :D Only problem is... I don't want to order tonnes of wiring that I will never use or have to go without the car for too long!

·
5,040 Posts
you on my FB page ?? might be able to make some up and sell them cheaper than dealers to recoupe some funds

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not... never used it due to their data retention policies... something you will be aware of by now!!

There's also two different looms, around 2007, the boot fuse box was removed and the boot wiring loom is different too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought a replacement loom from Peugeot and put it in myself. The loom wasn't expensive and it's a 30 minute job which even somebody as technically useless could do easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts