Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I have the new 407 coupe. I have had it for 8 weeks, best car Ive driven so far, even better than my BMW.

However -

Been in the garage twice and needs to go back for a faulty accelerator pedal, keeps sticking and revving to limit, causing car to speed off.

The driver’s door handle keeps sticking so I have to push it back in before the door will close.

The brakes have now started to grind!!

The accelerator sticking is more of a concern for me right now! Anyone know of these faults in any other range?

·
Registered
862 Posts
The driver’s door handle keeps sticking so I have to push it back in before the door will close

this happens on the 407 as well so there is a good chance it will happen on most newer pugs. did it on my 407 but got better through use. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking to buy a 407 2.2SE on an 06 plate with 34 miles on it. Its priced at 15.5k fully spec'd. Not sure if its got the variable damper system - not sure if it was even an option on the 2.2 - can any1 advise? Its got the Bi-directional Xenons, SatNav, JBL system, pretty much everything on the options list. Only difference i can see between that and the GT's are that it doesn't have leather stitched dashboard.....

Got a couple more questions for u chaps if ya don't mind:

* Coming from a BMW 530d, will the 2.2 SE be a big let down in terms of power / torque? Test driving on friday......
* Is the price quoted above a good price (from franshised dealer), not many private sales on autotrader to compare...
* Is there anything i should pay particular attention to when looking at buying??

any info is much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
swirl80 said:
I'm looking to buy a 407 2.2SE on an 06 plate with 34 miles on it. Its priced at 15.5k fully spec'd. Not sure if its got the variable damper system - not sure if it was even an option on the 2.2 - can any1 advise? Its got the Bi-directional Xenons, SatNav, JBL system, pretty much everything on the options list. Only difference i can see between that and the GT's are that it doesn't have leather stitched dashboard.....

Got a couple more questions for u chaps if ya don't mind:

* Coming from a BMW 530d, will the 2.2 SE be a big let down in terms of power / torque? Test driving on friday......
* Is the price quoted above a good price (from franshised dealer), not many private sales on autotrader to compare...
* Is there anything i should pay particular attention to when looking at buying??

any info is much appreciated!!!
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

You will notice a difference in performance,also in build quality. It is a good car but the interior trim is not as good as BMW. It is also a heavy car. If possible try and test drive a couple just to check the clutch,a heavy feeling clutch is sometimes an indication that it is ready to fail,they have been known to break early on these cars.Check all the high tech kit works sat-nav,hands free phone etc.At the end of 2006 there was a re-call done ,it was reguarding a tendency for the engine to stall,make sure this has been seen to.its has a fussy dash and a long overhang.Handling gets a bit restless when pushed hard.Slight lag in accelerating with the auto gearbox.Excellent chassis,little body roll,good size boot ,reasonable acces to rear seats,loaded with 'toys' good value for money and yes that price does seem about the average.

·
Registered
5 Posts
cheers for the info, going to test drive tomorrow and will ask about the re-call. It's only got 30miles on the clock so hopefully the clutch shouldn't b an issue...........yet!!!

any known issues with electrics?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nothing about the electrics,just make sure that the gadgets all work as they are expensive to repair. These clutches have been known to fail in as little as 15,000 miles,peugeot will only repair them upto and including 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 306cc automatic and the accelerator pedal has stuck down a couple of times. Last time (yesterday) my wife was driving and she was unable to stop at lights which were just changing to red and went through another set before stopping the car with the handbrake and switching it off. i feel this is a dangerous fault and will be contacting Peugeot to tell them about it before someone gets killed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts