Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 407sw 136 HDI has only 19.7K and the clutch needs replacing.
Dealer will do it under warranty because the miles are under 20K. Over
20K and you have to pay for it yourself. I have read on another forums that
the root cause of the clutch failure is a problem with the dual mass fly wheel. Anybody got any further info?
:(

·
Registered
862 Posts
dereko said:
the root cause of the clutch failure is a problem with the dual mass fly wheel. Anybody got any further info?

Pretty common fault on the 407,the clutch went on mine at a shade over 20k,got it replaced free of charge as a goodwill gesture.

·
Registered
1 Posts
407 Sv 136hdi

I've had the same problem, clutch went at 20k, peugeot changed it and the fly wheel, however the clutch has gone again at 48k.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on my clutch

Clutch fixed under warranty. Drove about 100 yards and had to bring it back. I couldn't change out of 2nd. Dealer said it's the slave cylinder. They manged to get the part within a couple of days but couldn't fit it as Peugeot have changed the design. Needed a new need hose. I have been waiting for the hose ever since. Car is off the road since 28th Jan. No sign of it arriving any time soon. Peugeot Customer Care ( an oxymoron if there every was one) have told me that they have had a supplier problem. It's sorted now but as I must appreciate it's a recovering situation blah blah blah and they can't give me a delivery date. Reading between the lines they haven't a clue and could give a ####. As you can imagine I not best pleased with this rubbish:mad: service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
peogeot 407 probs

i have an 05 407 but i am having to change the clutch and fly wheel £1100 approx. my mate had his done 8 months ago and says his is going again.but be fair my milage 71000 and is a taxi lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
dereko said:
the dual mass flywheel is a disaster. I use my 407 as a taxi and need a new clutch every 25k or so. Peugeot replaced it at 48k as it is under warranty until 60k., I am now on 124k and will be looking for another clutch soon. Fords have the same problem but they have now stopped using this type (dual mass)

·
Registered
1 Posts
407SW Clutch

After reading the post I suppose I should count myself lucky that my 407 has done 40.600 miles in 3 years before requiring a clutch replacement. I have email Peugeot and got the usual 'its not our problem', its the last Peugeot I will buy.

I had a major service 3 months ago, cost a fortune, brake pads all round, 2 brake disks, the ball joints were replaced under warrent.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts