Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm new to this forum so please bear with me. First of all i have a 407 executive 2.0 2004. Recently i bought second hand clocks from a broken 407 and when i went to fit them in mine everything worked but the clock mileage was the same as the mileage on the other broken car. My original mileage was that of 90k and now i have 330K. I tried to connect the original one but the mileage stayed 330K. Anyone have any ideas what can i do to get back the original mileage ?? Thanks alot

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would hazard a guess and say it is to stop people clocking cars but may be wrong. To stop people putting a lower mileage clock in a higher mileage car to make more money selling. ( I know yours was the other way round )

Not sure why it it didnt change back to 90k though when you put old clock back in??

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You CANNOT swap clocks without this happening the mileage is stored in the clocks AND the BSI so it always retains the highest mileage so by putting the old clocks in you now have 330k on them both !

There are mileage reset people who can fix it but planet cannot do it even the dealers cannot do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for your reply. So basically there is nothing i can do except to ask someone who reset the clocks. Anyone got any contacts ?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
That is correct its not just peugeots this happens with many manufacturers systems are set up this way now.

best look in local gumtree auto trader etc for mileage correction

·
Registered
162 Posts
Be super carefull of mileage correction ! some will only last approx. one to three months then it will revert back to original mileage !

I have a friend who did this with one of the citroen Peugeot things from china and he had to keep on doing it every two or three months !

and some of the money they charge you is crazy !

·
Registered
23 Posts
theu are wrong!
you can manually change the odometer usong peuget planet or diagbox.
if you are near oxfordshire ill give it a go for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts