Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, after reading the manual it says to leave the climate on auto. does this mean the air con is always running? if i turn the fan down air stops totally. is there a way to get air moving in the car with aircon off? seems a little waste of fuel in the winter when you only need the aircon for a few mins to clear the screen.........

·
5,087 Posts
yea you can turn it off in the menu.............everytime you start the car, but my ocd doesnt like the 'aircon off' on the display knowing that next summer all the seals will have dried out and will cost hundreds of pounds to get the aircon workingagain easily outweighing the £5 or so i might have saved in Diesel.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Afaik the AUTO is the car controlling the direction and flow of the air.
The air con is on permanently anyway, even if you alter the settings.
To turn it off you go through the MENU>AIR CONDITIONING menus.
I tried a test, I ran mine one week of normal use with the ac on.
Then one week with the ac off. It made ZERO mpg difference.
The only difference was I was hot during the day, and the windows steamed up at night.

·
5,087 Posts
or if you have your mfd set as climate,press the ok button and that cuts it as well. assuming rd4 here

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, think its rt3. as i said not really that bothered just curious as with all others ive had with aircon/climate including my 307cc you could switch off ac and still get air coming in the car, with the 407 it shuts the air flow as you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts