Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a socket in the armrest compartment of my 407 SW that has a cap on it labelled CINCH. Can't find anything in the manual or on the Peugeot CD or the website. Anyone know what it is?

·
Registered
862 Posts
My407SW said:
Theres a socket in the armrest compartment of my 407 SW that has a cap on it labelled CINCH. Can't find anything in the manual or on the Peugeot CD or the website. Anyone know what it is?
Hi and welcome to the forum :clap:

Its where the diagnostic software is plugged. Whenever you take your car into a dealer they will update any software thats needed this is where it is downloaded.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the moose said:
Hi and welcome to the forum :clap:

Its where the diagnostic software is plugged. Whenever you take your car into a dealer they will update any software thats needed this is where it is downloaded.
Is the CINCH CAN-bus compliant? Thinking of getting an aftermarket scanners (eg dash hawk or r-vit) to read the ecu parameters.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Can bus is written in c language, no device besides the can bus system will be able to read it and interpret it, there is a company that sell the peugeot can bus system for around 2 thousand dollars, but don't bother, unles you are prepared to spend money on peugeot parts ie, sat nav, rain sensing wipers, alarms, and modifying any software, it would be a waste, my advice is to leave the system alone, if you start tampering with it you will regret it.

On the other hand if you find a cheap system that can interpret and reprogram at less than the peugeot system, that comes from a reputable source and not ebay, I would be interested, if it is cheap that is.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts