Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a 2007 2.0 136 HDI SE Auto since last October,
On about four occasions when reversing out of my garage the brakes don’t work the peddle goes solid and the car does not stop. Luckily this has never happened at speed
I took it back to the main agents who were very helpful and fitted a new vacuum pump that was two weeks ago today

The same problem has returned and the car is booked in for further investigation in the meantime
Has anyone else had this problem with 407 brakes and what was the outcome

I would add that this is my second 407 and I have never experienced this problem during the three years that I had it
Great cars that’s why I’ve had two

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
its definately the vacum cylinder for the brakes.. if its happening again.. then the chances are that they have not replaced it.. the cylinder controls the brake fluid to the callipers. whats happening in your situation is that the brake piston is not moving..

I always ask them to give me the part they replaced.. this way I know they have not shafted me...

good luck mate.. let us know how you get on.. also draw a line with a marker or something to establish whether or not it has been replaced..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
407 Brake Problem

Took the car back on Monday the dealer assured me they had fitted a new vacum pump
Collected the car today the dealer has had it for 5 days one good thing the fault did occur when the car was in the workshops
The outcome is that Peugeot has now told the dealer to fit a new turbo solenoid switch so now it’s fingers crossed and lets hope this is the answer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts