Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Smilie face because after reading a couple of threads I have finally found an answer. I was unable to find the brake light switch on my 407sw 2006 but with my head up under the dash I realised that the switch was on the passenger side of an English model, behind the glove compartment. The switch is removed by turning it 90deg in its holder. After spraying with WD40 and operating manualy it worked perfectly. I then realised that the plate that held it in place had moved slightly so the actuator was not touching the switch to turn the lights off. Bending the plate forward to its orrigional possition rectified the fault (no adjustment available). This also enabled the out of park switch on the auto gearbox to work correctly and removed the ESP/Speed control warning lights on the dashboard. 3 faults removed in one opperation, I hope this helps other owners and thanks to the people who posted threads that helped me.:D

·
Registered
821 Posts
This is the switch, green one. you twist it counter-clockwise around 90 degrees.

Another thing what i would like to know, what the heck is that open connector i have dangling there, am i missing something?? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the pic, I actually went out and poked around yesterday until i found it.

I had my car in with the sparky to replace the com unit and he reckoned that the problem was caused by this coz he couldnt get it to beep after the replacement, I got it four times on the way home from his garage so your after saving him from a very narkey phone call :thumb:

I bent the reciever in a bit and pulled the plunger out two clicks to ensure a good contact and I didnt get any beeps for two trips to work (45 mins each way) so hopefully that'll be the end of the anoyances for a while.
I noticed that I didn't get the ESP/ASR fault either so that's another fault knocked off the list :cool:

I also gave it a small spray of electrical contact cleaner after testing the operation of the switch with a multimeter (a tool that that everyone should have in my opinion)
It's better than paying the dealer 99 euro + Vat for the little fecker :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saved me a fortune

Thanks Guys,
Found the faulty switch, the adjuster had stripped out. So down to the hardware for some small cable ties to use as packers. The only hard part was getting the correct number and refitting the switch. Very hard driving long distance with no cruise control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I get esp/asr fault last few weeks. Today i get one more brake lights fault :mad: . Lights working but after few seconds and breaking up. Give more gray hairs , is there anyway to check it that this switch makes problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get a friend to check the operation of the brake lights with the engine running.
If they operate normally it is not the brake light switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have just had my mechanic solve the intermittent ESP warning light problem with a replacement brake light switch, Peugeot Mod 21/02/12. 45A30C He found it with PP diagnostic which came up as a faulty brake pedal switch. The new switch has a small wiring loom attached. Part number: 4534 67

·
5,087 Posts
Yea just done mine,be aware while the fault is displayed you have no brake lights !!! At least I didnt

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Yea just done mine,be aware while the fault is displayed you have no brake lights !!! At least I didnt

Mine stuck on. Only noticed driving through town and saw the reflection in shop windows.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

·
5,087 Posts
Did yours put esp light on with no abs light ??

·
5,087 Posts
Mine said 'speed control fault' and cruise didn't work

1 - 17 of 17 Posts