Peugeot Forums banner

407 boot unlocking problem

13K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  NeilH 
#1 ·
hello I am helping a friend of mine out with his 407 he is having problems getting into his boot he has tried another boot fuse box I have metered switch wires all fine plugged it into planet and it will open boot fine from planet I read codes in bsi this this is what came up I then cleared went for a drive and read codes and same codes come back I presume there is a fault on can network but I thought can network wires was two twisted wires but I can not see these in boot

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have checked wires round that area I have metered them out and also even put a temp wire in, I have also tried bsi reset a few times and no joy if you look at the pic there is also 3 faults recorded in bsi

#5 ·
Its only been 24 hours,you may need to give it more time. The only time i can remember people having this problem on the 407 it has always been a broken wire in the rubber boot, but we live and learn so when you solve this please pass the information on to help others

#10 ·
fob does not work at all even with doors, o does nothing but metered o switch and works fine also metered wires and they are fine also soldered new wires in and still no joy, put on laptop and send command to open boot and it opens

#12 ·
PEUGEOT 407 boot lock problem

Hi,

I was wondering was there any further posts on this thread?
I have the same problem on my 407 saloon. There appears to be no power from the luggage compartment fuse box to the boot lock.
I have slaved in new wiring from the boot lock and the "o" button to the connector on the luggage compartment fuse box.
Would anyone have a wiring diagram of the luggage compartment fuse box ?

#14 ·
Hi,

I was wondering was there any further posts on this thread?
I have the same problem on my 407 saloon. There appears to be no power from the luggage compartment fuse box to the boot lock.
I have slaved in new wiring from the boot lock and the "o" button to the connector on the luggage compartment fuse box.
Would anyone have a wiring diagram of the luggage compartment fuse box ?
as said previously have you checked the menu on the radio as you can disable the opening of the book from that, i have seen this before and i have also seen the wiring faulty and a faulty actuator

#15 ·
Checklist done:
1. Checked the menu on the radio
2. Wiring not faulty as already checked try to loop directly from bsi connector to actuator
3. Actuator working fine
4. 0 button working fine

Problem is, it's all parallel with the actuator, 0 button, fuel flap cover & remote.

Is it because of a faulty BSI? fuse from BSI already checked and all seems fine

#16 ·
If you press the 0 button does the boot open or not as you say it's working fine on the 0 button

Does the boot open from the remote or not

Does the boot open from the remote or not

If you do an actuate test on the boot in planet/diagbox does the boot open or not

#17 ·
Sorry for the very very late reply

All checked up

Press "0" boot wont open. Already tested with another "0" button which i got from out local breakeryard, same thing

Boot wont open from remote, it only unlock door when press from remote

Already do an actuate test on the boot in planet/diagbox still the boot wont open

Another problem is
1. Boot light not working
2. Fuel flap flap cover won't lock

#18 ·
are you sure the lock is fully latching SHUT,have you tried -with the boot open,and using a screwdriver to swing over the latching mechanism on the lock and see if it'll lock and reopen.
i've just bought a subaru forester ,and noticed someone had disabled the boot lock by bending a tab which formed part of the locking mech. from the solenoid. so i bent it back, as you do,then it would lock but not reopen!!! i had to climb inside and open it again-lucky i had the trim off already!
and finally figured out as the solenoid only just latched the lock ...ie locked it,and wasn't passing a tab easily enough ,as another got in its way,and was preventing the boot locking fully,and so its was -half locked and half unlocked..! anyway i filed a bit off each tab enough to clear the problem,and so far so good ...fingers crossed...i guess a little bit of wear, here and there, had made what was marginal a clearance ,not clear as it were..
have you tried a bulb across the solenoid to confirm its getting enough juice etc ,and not a weak solenopid ie pull/push either
good luck
neil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.