Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My wifes 407 boot will not open unless i press the button on the remote fob, now I am presuming this is a problem with the button itself as I have checked the onboard computer and tried enableing and disableing the boot always locked option and still no joy:mad: , can the button be fixed or will it need to be replaced and if so how do i get it out??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phoned dealer and they said was no recall for the buttons, asked how much for new button, around £25 whitch i dont think is very bad.
Has anyone got any tips on how i can get the old one out as I am going to attempt a repair befour replace. Try save some pennies:D .

J

·
0 Posts
zerocool5050 said:
Hi, My wifes 407 boot will not open unless i press the button on the remote fob, now I am presuming this is a problem with the button itself as I have checked the onboard computer and tried enableing and disableing the boot always locked option and still no joy:mad: , can the button be fixed or will it need to be replaced and if so how do i get it out??
Maybe I'm missing the point, or mine doesn't have this function, but my boot opens with the central locking, either all doors unlock, or middle button to unlock the boot. I don't think I can change this through the computer. Does yours only unlock with the middle button, as in not when the doors unlock? If so, I can't see why that is the fob, sounds more like some programming issue :confused:
What year is yours? Maybe mine isn't as complicated?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
jmkent said:
Maybe I'm missing the point, or mine doesn't have this function, but my boot opens with the central locking, either all doors unlock, or middle button to unlock the boot. I don't think I can change this through the computer. Does yours only unlock with the middle button, as in not when the doors unlock? If so, I can't see why that is the fob, sounds more like some programming issue :confused:
What year is yours? Maybe mine isn't as complicated?
The boot doesnt open unless I press the middle button on the remote fob, the button on the "0" on the back does not operate when the rest of the car is opened. I am pretty much sure it is the "0" button that is the problem but i would like to take the old one out and fit a new one myself or repair the old one but I cannot get the bloody thing out.:p
2005 407hdi 1.6

J

·
0 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
The bit between the 4 and the 7 on your boot.:lol:
I presume yours is the saloon then? Mine on the estate is on the far right, and nowhere near anything to do with the boot unlocking..... either that, or you're winding me up about the 0 :D

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
jmkent said:
I presume yours is the saloon then? Mine on the estate is on the far right, and nowhere near anything to do with the boot unlocking..... either that, or you're winding me up about the 0 :D
Yes Saloon model only has this and i`m having great fun watching punters trying to work out how to open my boot to put their shopping in.:lol:

·
5,034 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Yes Saloon model only has this and i`m having great fun watching punters trying to work out how to open my boot to put their shopping in.:lol:
when i first took mine for MOT i could see the mechanic searching the bootlid, then the floor by the drivers door i knew what he was looking for but made him ask 'how do you open the boot' when i said press the o he looked very upset that he hadnt thought of it:lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When i worked selling cars I was asked how to open one, after scratching my head and thinking i dont want to look like a twit i took a stab in the dark that there would be a hidden button and just as i nearly found it one of the lads shouted its the "0" number....:lol:
Seriously I really need to know how to get this part out as I dont want to be shelling out an extra £40 for some one to just pull one out an put one in.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Right as you say you have tried on the menu to open boot ,has this just stopped working or never worked ,
take panel of boot then theres a clip that slides sideways and switch comes out.

J

·
0 Posts
So how come the saloon has this option through the menus, yet the estate doesn't? :confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
No the button has never worked but we have only had the car around 2 months, bought it private and knew it wasnt working and was up for fitting new one myself. Maybe the saloon one has the option as you can lock the back seats and then it is a secure zone that no one can get in to without keyfob, obviously the sw's will have easier access from the back by just sliding the boot cover across.:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bettyswollocks said:
Right as you say you have tried on the menu to open boot ,has this just stopped working or never worked ,
take panel of boot then theres a clip that slides sideways and switch comes out.
I have had a look and a fiddle and it will not budge, has anyone got any any photos and diagrams that may help me?? (im such a thick get)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
zerocool5050 said:
I have had a look and a fiddle and it will not budge, has anyone got any any photos and diagrams that may help me?? (im such a thick get)
Just adding some photos as I can not see where it slides across to enable the button to come out.

Attachments

·
5,034 Posts
cant get my servicebox to work properly at the moment so this is the best i can do

Attachments

·
5,034 Posts
pm me your email address ive got servicebox working

1 - 20 of 61 Posts