Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the blower motor on my 2.7 Coupe decided it didn't want to work this morning, the first morning with extra moisture in the air.... Great.

There is no blower on any fiction, Auto, manual, any temperature setting, de-mist, etc.... Completely dead. Now generally I don't mind a challenge, but heavy house repairing commitments mean my time is very limited at present, so I'm looking for suggestion that may resolve this issue asap.

There are no faults showing on the dash diagnostics, I checked all the big fuses in the engine compartment fuse box, all OK.

I have a Haynes manual for the 407 salons so can see how to remove the motor, plus they refer to the motor resistor, do these often fail, we had a fiat many years ago that had quite a fragile motor resistor.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated. I'm hoping for a quick fix.

Thanks Ian

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi, the blower motor on my 2.7 Coupe decided it didn't want to work this morning, the first morning with extra moisture in the air.... Great.

There is no blower on any fiction, Auto, manual, any temperature setting, de-mist, etc.... Completely dead. Now generally I don't mind a challenge, but heavy house repairing commitments mean my time is very limited at present, so I'm looking for suggestion that may resolve this issue asap.

There are no faults showing on the dash diagnostics, I checked all the big fuses in the engine compartment fuse box, all OK.

I have a Haynes manual for the 407 salons so can see how to remove the motor, plus they refer to the motor resistor, do these often fail, we had a fiat many years ago that had quite a fragile motor resistor.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated. I'm hoping for a quick fix.

Thanks Ian
have you checked the smaller fuses in the car and under the bonnet

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hand book that came with the car doesn't match the fuse arrangements in the car, typical..

No I haven't checked every fuse, the handbook says the fuse for the motor is a 30amp, so I checked all above 20amps under in the engine compartment. I'll go though the lot later tonight. It could be another fuse on the climate control system, trouble is the hand book isn't much use, and the Haynes manual just give 'typical' wiring diagrams.

Ian

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
The hand book that came with the car doesn't match the fuse arrangements in the car, typical..

No I haven't checked every fuse, the handbook says the fuse for the motor is a 30amp, so I checked all above 20amps under in the engine compartment. I'll go though the lot later tonight. It could be another fuse on the climate control system, trouble is the hand book isn't much use, and the Haynes manual just give 'typical' wiring diagrams.

Ian
someone could have put a smaller fuse in it

·
Registered
684 Posts
It sounds like the resistor inside the fan blower casing has completely broken down. It controls the fan speeds. I think it may be the same resistor/motor as the one I have just replaced on my 307 which also has ac and climate control. I got the part on ebay for £25.00 new and fitted it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm replacing a bottom wishbone on my old Volvo estate today I'll then return to the Peugeot. It's got to be resolved as you can't drive without de-misting at this time if year.

As the fan is completely dead I'll start at the fuse box and work my way back to the motor.

I'll let you know what transpires.

Ian

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I pulled every fuse out today and they were all OK, so no simple solution.

Would planet detect a faulty component on the climate control system, such as the blower motor??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took the glove box out of the car today to gain access to the blower motor and the speed regulator module (resistor). Power is getting to the resistor and connecting power to the motor started it running, so no problem with the motor, or power to the resistor, so it must be the resistor.

Just picked one up from the main dealer £92 + Vat ... ouch !!! Will fit it tomorrow, I'm sure that will fix the problem.

I'll take some photos of the re-installation and post them, dismantling the glove box was a challenge. Mainly separating the RH hinge arm from the soft-opening mechanism and removing the multi-media socket from the back of the box.

I also replaced the passenger/window facia vent, as the side to side mechanism had failed.

It’s these type of problems that unfortunately give Peugeot a bad name for reliability.

Ian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts