Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...as I can't find 'R' or 'N' and so on in the dark! Any hints on how to get the trim off to change the bulb please? Any help would be appreciated as my local dealer says I should make a 1 and 1/2 hrs service appointment sothey can do it for me! I mean, I even changed the bulbs on my old 406's climate control quite easily [well did take an hour or two!] but the point is I did it myself at minimal cost!! Car is 407 '05 Hdi Exec and it is super!! Many thanks in anticipation..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
attempting to make this appear in 'new posts'

Re Auto illumunation;please see original post..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
help please! Re auto select on 407 tip

Anybody know if this disolay SHOULD be illuminated?!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Auto selector

I have a 407 auto and the peugeot franchise told me the panel shouldnt be lit. Very annoying , but would be very interested if anyone out there knows different

phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I have a 407 V6 auto. There is no illumination by the gear selector. It relies on the display at the centre of the speedo / rev counter, to tell you what you have selected.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What a crap Idea......under pressure to find reverse in the dark....and you have to look on the dash display :eek:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
It's exactly the same on my 3008 auto, no illumination by the lever, you have to look at the dash display.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just picked up a 407 this month, also find it quite intriguing that one needs to look at the dash to know the gear shift position. Especially since it also has the 'geartronic' setting, should show which way is up and which way is down. Fortunately it is the same as the Volvo I drove regularly that way until it died, but it is opposite to what it is on my son's Ford XR6 Falcon.

And I'm finding driving in manual mode is the only way to drive it smoothly, the engine/trans mapping is all over the place.

I might look at some 3D printing with LED backlighting for a bezel. But it won't be high on my list of things to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts