Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i gave this some deep thought and think this is the best way forward.

The plus side is that i can use a separate durable transponder which i currently have programmed into my BSI which is a solid chip with no fragile coils.

(It was established that my old coiled transponder chip was not working and here where i am cost was expensive to code and add the new chip)

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to fit an aftermarket central locking unit to my 2.7 hdi 407 coupe ?

As i understand correct me if i'm wrong, an aftermarket central locking unit will have a plug or should have a plug that connects to an interface somewhere on my car ?

And then is there anything else that needs to be done, disabled ?

Then if the new system is plugged in, will it automatically trip my alarm for activation as well when locking it with the key remote.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I can supply better quality keys that the original

You are correct with aftermarket remote locking needing connecting to wires on the car, I have never come across one that's just plug and play, you need to find the correct wires and solder/crimp yourself.

There are two types of system positive touch and negative touch, Google has answer for this but if you don't know what your doing leave it alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts