Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the abs esp fault flagged up guessing its a sensor as i dont have planet to diagnose the problem is it worth me cleaning these up and seing if the fault clears as i have done this on an another car a while back and this cleared the fault or will i have to get it plugged in ? Any advice/help would be great many thanks

·
Registered
909 Posts
you could try clenaing them up but chances are you have a dead sensor. If there is no one in norfolk with planet is it worth you purchasing it yourself? it will pay for itself within two code readings.
I have changed front and rear sensors on a 407 in the past, front need drilling out, think i used an 8.5mm drill. The rear need the tank straps lowering about 10mm to allow the plugs for the sensors to pass over it.

·
12,138 Posts
No one in norfolk on the planet as far as i could see on the map last time i looked :(
Norwich and Wymondham. I'm guessing you didn't read the instructions properly:

If there's nobody close, there is a similar map on frenchcarforum.co.uk - they may be Citroen drivers though, and may not be able to help with specific Peugeot technical queries - but it should be enough to get a diagnostic and bring the information here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i go on the map i see no members on there in norfolk and when i read the list i see no members in norfolk am i doing something wrong ?

·
5,087 Posts
when i go on the map i see no members on there in norfolk and when i read the list i see no members in norfolk am i doing something wrong ?
you must be looking at the same map as me................a bloody big gap in Norfolk. Or are we BOTH doing something wrong that has highlighted a problem

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you must be looking at the same map as me................a bloody big gap in Norfolk. Or are we BOTH doing something wrong that has highlighted a problem

thank god you have found the same as me ive looked and read every last line about the map and contacting people and i cant see any mention of people in norfolk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had three ABS sensors fail within a month of one another. The problem was that this activates a safety feature where the power steering pump keeps running even after you switch the ignition off, presumably because the car can't determine whether the wheels are actually turning or not. A rather expensive episode.:(

·
5,087 Posts
The power-steering pump running on is a separate issue to the abs sensors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmm. When the garage checked the codes it only mentioned the faulty ABS sensors so they replaced one of them and the power steering pump issue stopped. The garage said they'd looked into it and told me that as a safety measure the car needed at least two functioning abs sensors or it would disregard the data. When they unplugged the newly replaced sensor the power steering pump motor stayed on again??

·
5,087 Posts
Think that power steering fault may reappear at some point. My first 407 needed 2 rear abs sensors, my last one needed a front sensor but never had a problem with the power steering pump running on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Think that power steering fault may reappear at some point. My first 407 needed 2 rear abs sensors, my last one needed a front sensor but never had a problem with the power steering pump running on.
Oh God I hope not ;-) The garage, if they've got it right, suggested that three need to fail before the power steering pump issue occurs as the car will happily accept motion data from 2 sensors but not from one. Not claiming I know best just passing on what the garage told me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts