Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,
I found this website very helpful and appreciate every advise that i got. I have puegeot 407 2 ltr and message coming ''particle additive fluid level too low''.Can any one kindly give me step by step instructions how to top it up.I know it is dangerous and corrosive but i will take all precautionary measures before doing it.As it only requires topping up and i am totally ''zero'' in knowledge about cars.I would appreciate that you use as simple terms as possible.I will arrange eloys fluid my self (unless you can advise where i can get cheapest) also how many litres and which exactly type i require.I am just trying to summarise my question to the point and any extra information will also be great.Please respond as soon as possible.
I checked with pug dealers and one is charging £250(only topping up and reseting) and other one is £350.I did not go in detail because i cannot afford it.
Regards,
Abo

J

·
0 Posts
Firstly, try another garage - my dealer topped up and reset for £140, and when the cost of the fluid is approaching £100, this was a good price :thumb:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Firstly, try another garage - my dealer topped up and reset for £140, and when the cost of the fluid is approaching £100, this was a good price :thumb:
:)Where is this system on the car, is there anything you need to do to it when you service the car. Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
The additive tank is located just in front of the rear n/s wheel, basically under the seat, but from underneath the car. Nothing needs doing to it until approx 80k miles when the service schedule recommends topping it up.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The additive tank is located just in front of the rear n/s wheel, basically under the seat, but from underneath the car. Nothing needs doing to it until approx 80k miles when the service schedule recommends topping it up.
:(My car is showing 143k

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you haven't long had it, you might find the previous owner had it done - I doubt it would have lasted this long without a top-up :nono:
:)Should of asked him, he spent a lot on it at main dealers. Been searching the web about dpf and it seems a bad thing. I do mainly short trips and the aa say dont buy a car with dpf if you do short trips. It seems a exspensive restriction and if i had £400 i think i would have it removed and my ecu remapped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

Ok appreciate all the advise, your suggetions worked
After 1st reply i searched all local garages in wycombe and in 4th try got it done
they 1st quoted £85 for topup £50 eolys and £25 labour
but ended up paying £94 with VAT.
Just for people who trying to sort this prob. best advise is to ring garage before booking apointment and ask for quotation. to make it easier for some one who dont know and is getting particle additive level too low message should ring them and ask ''my eolys fluid needs topping up and reset'' give car reg and they should be able to answer straight way if they have done it before.I paid £54 for diagnostics and reset after that .
The msg went off at once. In total for toping up and reset i paid £150 approx.
If any one in High Wycombe needs guidance feel free to post and i can give garage name. Note : I felt garage is not 100% reliable I got few other probs with car abs/esp lights but i would not go back to them. For this specific job of eolys i am satisfied with their service. but any extras they try to add on when you go to collect just ignore it and get second advise.
Thank you,
Aboo

·
Registered
2 Posts
please can you give me details of that garage in High-Wycomb. I' ve filled up the additive tank with Eloy but massage still appears FAP Additive Level too low.
thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've just today bought a 407. i was thinking of checking this fluid level (amogst other things) soonish. i was just wondering, if i top up the fluid myself, before the warning comes on, will it trigger the warning?...basically, im looking to avoid having to pay to get the fault code cleared.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I've just today bought a 407. i was thinking of checking this fluid level (amogst other things) soonish. i was just wondering, if i top up the fluid myself, before the warning comes on, will it trigger the warning?...basically, im looking to avoid having to pay to get the fault code cleared.
I'm not sure how the system works (mine is an X line, so I've not had to worry) but I *think* it has a counter as opposed to a level sensor. So it counts the doses not the tank level.
So a full tank could be totally irrelevent if it has dosed all its doses. It will say "my tank is empty as Ive dosed what I think is all my fluid" Although I do believe the older ones have a ball cock type affair in the tank that doesn't need any resetting?
Maybe. I might be talking jibberish.
Don't forget, it hasn't just got an additive tank to worry about, there's the health of the filter too. And from what I hear driving like a pansy will mean it will regen or need cleaning a lot quicker than if you cane the arse off it a couple of times a month.

D

·
0 Posts
Top it up now and the additive low warning won't come on. Be careful, its serious poison.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
2 Posts
help please

After 1st reply i searched all local garages in wycombe and in 4th try got it done
Just for people who trying to sort this prob. best advise is to ring garage before booking apointment and ask for quotation. to make it easier for some one who dont know and is getting particle additive level too low messae should ring them and ask ''my eolys fluid needs topping up and reset'' give car reg and they should be able to answer straight way if they have done it before.I paid £54 for diagnostics and reset after that .
If any one in High Wycombe needs guidance feel free to post and i can give garage name. Note : I felt garage is not 100% reliable I got few other probs with car abs/esp lights but i would not go back to them

·
Registered
2 Posts
help please

Just for people who trying to sort this prob. best advise is to ring garage before booking apointment and ask for quotation. to make it easier for some one who dont know and is getting particle additive level too low messae should ring them and ask ''my eolys fluid needs topping up and reset'' give car reg and they should be able to answer straight way if they have done it before.I paid £54 for diagnostics and reset after that .
If any one in High Wycombe needs guidance feel free to post and i can give garage name. Note : I felt garage is not 100% reliable I got few other probs with car abs/esp lights but i would not go back to them...... Could you remember the garage you used in Wycomb, got same prob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts