Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I bought my 407 at a good price a few months ago, but now it's costing me money as well as loosing.

I have bought a Clutch kit, striped it down, after a lot of effort with the retaining bearing which i eventually bolted the bracket to an upright and used a 6 foot scaffold pole slid over and beat it out gently'ish by slideing the pole up and down onto it. :thumb:

Well now to my problem.

I have installed the new clutch and got as far as putting the Drivers side drive shaft in, but not able to push it in fully. There is about an inch that will not go in, almost the width of the retaining bearing. I know that the bearing is not the problem. It almost feels like there is a bit of rubber or something at the end, inside the housing. :confused:

Before i finish i would like to say that i was able to separate the gearbox from the engine without taking the sub frame off and replace the Flywheel, Clutch and Clutch plate, as well as the Thrust bearing :nod:

Anyone that can help me would be greatly appreciated as i am now unable to get to work or anywhere due to living in an urban area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I bought my 407 at a good price a few months ago, but now it's costing me money as well as loosing.

I have bought a Clutch kit, striped it down, after a lot of effort with the retaining bearing which i eventually bolted the bracket to an upright and used a 6 foot scaffold pole slid over and beat it out gently'ish by slideing the pole up and down onto it. :thumb:

Well now to my problem.

I have installed the new clutch and got as far as putting the Drivers side drive shaft in, but not able to push it in fully. There is about an inch that will not go in, almost the width of the retaining bearing. I know that the bearing is not the problem. It almost feels like there is a bit of rubber or something at the end, inside the housing. :confused:

Before i finish i would like to say that i was able to separate the gearbox from the engine without taking the sub frame off and replace the Flywheel, Clutch and Clutch plate, as well as the Thrust bearing :nod:

Anyone that can help me would be greatly appreciated as i am now unable to get to work or anywhere due to living in an urban area.
Is it the inner or outer cv causing the problem?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts