Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving when all of a sudden the blowers of a/c stopped working.I tried to switch it on but failed.Then i went to the garage and they told the contacts were broken and they fixed it(this the garage i normally go to and they fix a lot of peugeots but my 407 sw is their first).
Then the time came for me to leave,I put the car in reverse but it did not move,the display showed it still in parking gear and a warning came saying''ESP system faulty''

REQUIRE IMMEDIATE HELP!!since the garage people are dumbfounded but this occurence and are clueless on what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused:

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
I was driving when all of a sudden the blowers of a/c stopped working.I tried to switch it on but failed.Then i went to the garage and they told the contacts were broken and they fixed it(this the garage i normally go to and they fix a lot of peugeots but my 407 sw is their first).
Then the time came for me to leave,I put the car in reverse but it did not move,the display showed it still in parking gear and a warning came saying''ESP system faulty''

REQUIRE IMMEDIATE HELP!!since the garage people are dumbfounded but this occurence and are clueless on what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused:
whats the voltage of the battery before starting, while starting and after starting

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Dont know, didnt check.
But question,whats the voltage of the battery get to do with this?
if the battery is on its last legs it can cause all sorts of wired electrical problems and it may be whats causing your problem

it costs nothing to test a battery so it would be the first thing i check, if the garage does not know how to fix a car then i would not be using them simples

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
A peugeot is no different to a ford or a vauxhall or a lada or a ferrari they all work or dont work in the same basic ways modern cars are all made very similar using the same basic components and systems.

I agree sounds like you have electrical gremlins and the battery could possibly be the culprit

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A peugeot is no different to a ford or a vauxhall or a lada or a ferrari they all work or dont work in the same basic ways modern cars are all made very similar using the same basic components and systems.

I agree sounds like you have electrical gremlins and the battery could possibly be the culprit
Seems it was not the battery
It was a wiring problem.
I bought this car second hand.In the relay circuit box you can see some wires ave been cut and this causes the possible problem of more electrical issues related with the fog and rear lights.The garage is now trying to fix the whole wiring.The relay circuit cannot be tampered with as it is sealed.Getting a new one can cost a lot of money in my country and is hard to find.

Moreover,whenever i put the car into drive or reverse and brake,the who car starts vibrating.(require solution for the problem)

And whenever i brake hard,a grinding noise comes possibly from the front.THis occurs only when braking hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts