Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have imported a new glow plug relay unit (error P1351), but no one here knows where to fit it (by no one I mean the local garage and the Peugeot dealership). They can tell me where it goes on a 2.0 but are clueless on the 2.7.
Can someone please help?
Thanks
John

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven't got a clue... but i'd personally start by trying to trace the wires from the glow plugs - maybe easier said than done mind :lol:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Strange if the glow relay is not on the same location as on the other models?

On the 2.0 hdi it's at least located underneath the engine ECU if I remember correctly.

Edit: Looked it up in servicebox. It's a more old-style design relay apparently used on the 2.7 HDi. Shouldn't be hard to spot I guess if plastic covers are removed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have thought so as well, but they couldn't find it. My laptop with Servicebox has decided to stop working. Is there any indication in Servicebox where the relay is situated?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It wasn't. Looked it up yesterday, but just a pic of the relay, not where it's located. But pobably not far away from the battery I would've guessed...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The battery is in the boot; I had a look but didn't see a relay unit.

Both the local garage and the Peugeot dealer tell me they are unable to help.

Can anyone out there offer some assistance?

Thanks, John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few months on and no further ahead.
I have taken it to two more local garages, and they have had no luck with locating the offending unit.
I had a colleague in the UK ring some Peugeot garages and they weren't much help either.
Trying to trace it from the wiring didn't work as it all "disappeared" into the loom (and if that was a workable solution the local garage would have succeeded).

Does anyone on the forum know where it is located, or have a friend in one of the dealers that may be able to help?

Thanks
John

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Can't really think it will be in any large distance from the battery.

Can you take the engine-, battery- and fusebox plastic covers off and take some detail pics in the engine bay for us to take a look ?

·
Registered
241 Posts
hi john,
as you say the battery is in the boot,(so the relays not gonna be in the boot.....)
i'd guess its in or near the fuse box in the engine bay ,thats where i'd look next
-you might even find it under the fuse box....!??
good luck
neil

·
Registered
111 Posts
pre heat relay

Hi there john I am not sure if it will help you in the Haynes manual for the 2 litre diesel it says that the relay is under the ECM the (electronic control module) it also says you dont have to disconnect the ECM.Hope this helps but as I said this for the 407sw 2.0 litre HDI.pete407sw.;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
If someone need it, it's under ECM sure, left side of motor fuse block. Had the same problem! If still problems, look 0281003018 on Google.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts