Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure the name is correct as that is what service box calls it, but then I also have overeating and food as an option.

But one of the overflow pipes or pressure release pipe, whatever it is called, from the coolant expansion tank to the little round ball at the front of the engine is leaking. It looks like a standard pipe with a pop on connector.

I assume I don't need a pug part, I if I can find a hose with those connectors that are of the right length that will be ok?

the part number is 00001351LT, although a google search shows nothing, I may have to look on GSF or eurocarparts.

Cheers

·
5,994 Posts
It called a degassing pipe picture below shows part number also shows pipe diameter so you may be able to get something elsewhere

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
In English it's a breather/vent/overflow/pressure relief.
French is a very limited language.One word has 5 meanings depending on context but English has 5 words to mean the same thing.
I speak French (lived there for a long time) so if anyone wants a translation I'm happy to oblige.

·
Registered
116 Posts
As an amusing addendum to the French/English theme..
A few years ago I helped a friend to replace the steering rack on his 306.
We were following the Haynes manual.
"remove steering rack from passenger side"
We spent 90 minutes trying to get it out without success.
Then I thought, sod it and put it out on the drivers side in 15 secs.
Obviously translated from the Peugeot factory manual.
If anyone fails to see, passenger side is on the right of the vehicle in France.
The 306 is still going. Replaced the head gasket 2 years ago and the honing marks were still visible in the bores. 250K miles. Peugeots are great aren't they.
But I digress. Back to the fun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure the name is correct as that is what service box calls it, but then I also have overeating and food as an option.

But one of the overflow pipes or pressure release pipe, whatever it is called, from the coolant expansion tank to the little round ball at the front of the engine is leaking. It looks like a standard pipe with a pop on connector.

I assume I don't need a pug part, I if I can find a hose with those connectors that are of the right length that will be ok?

the part number is 00001351LT, although a google search shows nothing, I may have to look on GSF or eurocarparts.

Cheers
Hi there.

We can get the part for £12.46

Peugeot 407 Cylinder Head Degassing Pipe | Peugeot Parts Direct

Hope it helps

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I got the replacement hose. It fitted easy enough to the expansion tank, but not the end. I thought the one I had was broken because it was only sitting on the ball at the other end, rather than clipping on. The replacement is exactly the same, I can't see how to make it clip on. So coolant is still dribbling out.

I feel I am missing something stupid cos it should be a simple fitment, but it simply doesn't have anything to clip on to or hold in place or anything like that I can see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts