Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am still getting the Depollution fault on my car and following the error codes it would appear to be an EGR valve issue (Fault codes: P0405 & P0407).
I have been looking into Diesel remapping as most of the websites state they can deactivate the EGR as well as remap.

The costs are around £300 ish, would it be beneficial to get a remap done? Would it stop my depollution fault if the EGR was deactivated via a remap?

I know I should probably just get the EGR valve fault fixed instead of using a work-around, but I like the idea of a remap anyway to get better BHP/Torque and MPG 'apparently' and also solving an annoying error message as well...

Has anyone who had their diesel remapped comment on the benefits vs cost and has anyone had the EGR deactivated via a remap?

Thanks for any help,

Paul

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi All,

I am still getting the Depollution fault on my car and following the error codes it would appear to be an EGR valve issue (Fault codes: P0405 & P0407).
I have been looking into Diesel remapping as most of the websites state they can deactivate the EGR as well as remap.

The costs are around £300 ish, would it be beneficial to get a remap done? Would it stop my depollution fault if the EGR was deactivated via a remap?

I know I should probably just get the EGR valve fault fixed instead of using a work-around, but I like the idea of a remap anyway to get better BHP/Torque and MPG 'apparently' and also solving an annoying error message as well...

Has anyone who had their diesel remapped comment on the benefits vs cost and has anyone had the EGR deactivated via a remap?

Thanks for any help,

Paul
problem with remaping is if it is done properly then there should be not faults present as if remaped with faults you will always have problems with these codes popping up so you need to fix the fault first then get it mapped

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
But if the faults were to be cleared and then the EGR was mapped out, then surely the EGR wouldn't be active, so therefore the faults can no longer occur?

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
But if the faults where to be cleared and then the EGR was mapped out, then surely the EGR wouldn't be active, so therefore the faults can no longer occur?
well I dunno I don't do remaps but I know the place I use always tell me if there is a fault get it fixed and drive it for a few weeks before I get it remapped otherwise there will be problems

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've got the same car. 407 2.7 hdi. I gotta admit with 205 bhp and loads of torque, do you need a remap?

Of course you do!!!! More power!!! Anyway, you should see more gain with egr blank and dpf drilled, mapped out. Add a full remap on that and yeah baby!!! Keep updating if you do go ahead!! Personally, I say go for it!! :)

C

·
0 Posts
Its quite a relatively sharp powerband fora big capacity diesel so I reckon it'd benefit nicely from a quality remap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I could certainly do with a bit more urgency off the line. Once the revs get up she goes ok but there is always a heart stopping pause especially when trying to nip across traffic etc. I'm presuming a good remap might help in this area?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I could certainly do with a bit more urgency off the line. Once the revs get up she goes ok but there is always a heart stopping pause especially when trying to nip across traffic etc. I'm presuming a good remap might help in this area?
I hate this so much, it's a horrible feeling when I put my foot down and not much happens.

I'm going to attempt to clean/replace the EGR first but think I am going to go ahead with it, remap and EGR deactivation at £260.00 sounds relatively good price to me. Will post results after completion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hate this so much, it's a horrible feeling when I put my foot down and not much happens.

I'm going to attempt to clean/replace the EGR first but think I am going to go ahead with it, remap and EGR deactivation at £260.00 sounds relatively good price to me. Will post results after completion.
Ok thanks, i for one will be very interested in hearing your results.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Yeah, the first bit of lag when trying to accelerate!! When i come to a busy roundabout, i put it in sport mode which does help with the initial pick up.

£260 for remap and egr map out. That does sound good!! :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
2.7 remap

hi I had the same on my Honda accord , the stealer wanted 623 pounds for a new egr , I had it blanked and remapped for 300 pounds with no errors as the map tricks the ecu into thinking the egr is working ok , now want my 2.7 coupe done :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Remap

Hi,I,m going for remap tomorrow.egr delete and remap but the guy asked if the valve had been blanked which it has so he reckoned it was fine to go ahead,but £300 sounds rich to me .£186 was my price!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
If your car is failing in regards to EGR and DPF then I found it cheaper to remap and get them removed together.

There has just been a post about this, I have a 2.7 coupe with both EGRs blanks and DPF removed with a remap and that sorted everything.

The car is obviously more potent but there is still a a huge gain in mpg also.

If you don't want to have it all repaired, then my advice is to have it mapped out - if you also want more power then that is the right choice for you.

I did mine mainly to remove the crap that kept throwing up faults and return more MPG - along with that it takes it up to 240bhp and a bag more of torque.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any downsides you've noticed yet?
I've had mine remapped for a year or so, goes like stink but today had a check engine / DPF message crop up. Along with limp-mode. Switched off, and seems ok but still has check-engine light on. So i might get the dpf / egr removed+ blanked..but, will that need remapping again?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any downsides you've noticed yet?
I've had mine remapped for a year or so, goes like stink but today had a check engine / DPF message crop up. Along with limp-mode. Switched off, and seems ok but still has check-engine light on. So i might get the dpf / egr removed+ blanked..but, will that need remapping again?
Check all error-messages in car diagnostic workshop. It's hard to say with these informations...

·
Registered
230 Posts
No downsides as of yet. I have a couple of dodgy glowplugs which will be replacing, but car goes like stink and good on fuel :) Not been driving it for about 5 weeks and was a pleasure to jump in

1 - 17 of 17 Posts