Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry i'm new to the forum so i posted in the wrong are please accept my appologies. Does anyone know how to check the handbrake adjuster after changing both rear handbrake cables? The adjuster is part of the handbrake lever assembly with the yellow reset pin.

Can't seem to get it to work. Are we missing a trick. As car failed mot.

·
5,026 Posts
Hi and welcome.From memory we wound the rear pads back,put new ones in,then pressed the button applied footbrake to adjust pads then applied handbrake..It was awhile ago tho

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post answer response

Thanks, we havn't replaced the pads as they are relatively new. Failed mot on handbrake efficiency so tried the brake cables but doesn't seem to have changed much. Brake test passed Was just wandering if we may have dissengaged the self-adjuster on the handbrake some how.
We removed self adjuster pin so wandering if we refitted correctly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Broken locking wheel nut

In addition broken the locking wheel nut socket so am about to drill out so do you know the best extractor to use that would be tough enough. I know catalogue of probs. but better to try from a point of experience than ignorance. Thanks to all in anticipation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still getting used to how to correctly use the forum system, so appologies if not quite right but appreciate the response.

·
5,026 Posts
seized calipers is quite common on 407's. do you use facebook at all ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appologies

Hi, Have cocked replying and pressed report key but i have sent another explaining my error.
Deepest appologies.

In answer to your last post, yes i am under Martin Lowe.

I might get the hang of this forum thing eventualy.

·
5,026 Posts
Hi, Have cocked replying and pressed report key but i have sent another explaining my error.
Deepest appologies.

In answer to your last post, yes i am under Martin Lowe.

I might get the hang of this forum thing eventualy.
no problem, try joining us at Peugeot407 UK

·
5,026 Posts
I would love to, but excuse my ignorance how do I acess. is it another forum wthin this site?
No it's a Facebook page I run,go on Facebook in the search bar type Peugeot 407 UK and it should find the group

Sent from my Lenovo TB-7304F using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts