Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 3rd 407 albeit a Coupe 2.2 petrol as opposed to 1 x 2.0 hdi se and 2.0 hdi sw. Currently, I only get around 26 mpg from my Coupe, is there any way to improve this without losing performance. I have been told remapping or chiping will be a.waste of time and money.
Really would appreciate your help, guys n gals.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Does it get used out of town? Tootling about not getting the engine warm or making it do any work kills mpg.

I was using my 508 GT around town a lot during xmas. It was doing the grand sum of 30mpg. About 12mpg less than in normal use.

·
Registered
852 Posts
26 mpg isn't bad for the size of the car but it's not great either. How do you drive it? City / Town / Motorway driving?

A good service and if your spark plugs haven't been changed, that would lose a fair few horsepower. Also try a fuel system cleaner, a build up of dirt over the years can cause it to drop efficiency. Gearbox oil change? (no other reason than gearbox oil has a shelf life and if it has changed viscosity, it could sap power)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ours did about 20mpg when used as a shopping trolley.

I got 46mpg out of it on a run driven very gently. In the 2.2 diesel the same journey driven the same way I get up to 67mpg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your comments guys. I have been using it locally so I guess I just need to suck it up. Would've liked a diesel when I bought but to get one in this condition would've cost a lot more money. Small price to pay for a cool ride and smug smile ☺. Have used a fuel flush and had new plugs. Thanks for all your input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, Reliable406. Has anyone else experienced an lpg conversion? Does it make it just lpg or a bi-fuel system? How much does it cost?
Thanks in advance
LeShark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts