Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please recently purchased this car, after driving for about 2weeks everything got fine till I went to top up £20petrol into the Diesel engine. Had about 80miles before topping and drove for about 5miles. What are the possible things to occur as I want to drain out the fuel and fuel lines. Do I need to top my DPF fluid since I’m draining the car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s just cranking and won’t start but when you let the air out it starts. So the garage wants to drain the tank and fuel lines. Just curious if I have to do dpf top up since it might go with the drain. Thanks

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hmm.

It full tank costs about 80 so, as above, I'd expect you to get away with it if you fill with diesel.

Let the air out of where?!

There is a priming bulb for the fuel system.

The dpf additive is in a separate tank (3 litres IIRC; it has no level sensor-- the computer tracks how much is left). The fuel tank is dosed with the same fixed amount of additive every time you remove the fuel cap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let the air out from the nozzle on the common rail. It starts and sound finds. So am draining all of it, will I have to top the dpf then since it must have been injected to the fuel which I will drain out.
Thanks

·
Registered
15,162 Posts
Dont waste your time draining it wont get it all anyway as said just fill it with diesel and it will be fine the non start till you bleed it sounds like a secondary issue with air leaking in somewhere.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Let the air out from the nozzle on the common rail. It starts and sound finds. So am draining all of it, will I have to top the dpf then since it must have been injected to the fuel which I will drain out.
Thanks
That's strange.
And isn't that really dangerous given the massive pressure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm getting a cruise control error on the dash display when accelerating hard using foot throttle.......this disables the cruise control for the rest of the journey .....however it resets itself once engine is switched off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cruise control

I'm getting a cruise control error on the dash display when accelerating hard using foot throttle.......this disables the cruise control for the rest of the journey .....however it resets itself once engine is switched off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts