Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

What kind of mpg round town, mixed and motorway can i expect from this car, im really keen on it and have read the specs and what its supposed to do to the gallon but I 'd like to know from owners.
Also how realiable are they, The one im looking at has 64000 on the clock and is an 2008 model, would it still be under manufactures warranty with that many miles?

appreciate any reply.

regards
doughy

C

·
0 Posts
If it's the 2.2 HDi 170, then owners typically report mid 30's MPG in combined daily motoring. The 2.2 petrol can match this quite easily (I've been driving like a nun lately and got my 2.2 petrol into the low 40's MPG overally).

It won't have any new car warranty left, but you can get Pugs own Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (AKA used car warranty), which is pretty good.

That mileage in that space of time would put me off a bit. In order to rack those miles up that quickly it will have been used hard, so unless the price was especially keen, and the maintenance record impeccable, I'd probably walk on by myself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chopper1192 said:
If it's the 2.2 HDi 170, then owners typically report mid 30's MPG in combined daily motoring.
Yeah it's the 170, kinda hoping for mid 30's round town and over 40mpg on a run

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah, you'll probably get low to mid 40's on a steady speed run, but the petrol can get into the low 40's in normal mixed driving, with a bit of everything thrown in, and into the mid to high 40's on the superslab. The extra 100kg between the front wheels deadens the steering a little over the petrol too.

Mid 30's is all you're likely to see daily, unless all your motoring is on flat, empty motorways and A road.

This discussion has crossed my bows before. Here's the comments of a coupla 2.2 HDi 170 owners...

http://www.407owners.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2910

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chopper1192 said:
Yeah, you'll probably get low to mid 40's on a steady speed run, but the petrol can get into the low 40's in normal mixed driving, with a bit of everything thrown in, and into the mid to high 40's on the superslab. The extra 100kg between the front wheels deadens the steering a little over the petrol too.

Mid 30's is all you're likely to see daily, unless all your motoring is on flat, empty motorways and A road.

This discussion has crossed my bows before. Here's the comments of a coupla 2.2 HDi 170 owners...
Hi,

After driving it and also driving a 2.0HDI I went for the 2.2HDI. It seemed to have a lot more punch and if driven like i drive I am sure I'll be happy. The Vectra 2.2 petrol I had was lucky to get 26mpg round town so if I can manage mid 30's i'll be happy.

Paid £7300 57 on 08 plate. Is that fair?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doughy said:
Hi,

After driving it and also driving a 2.0HDI I went for the 2.2HDI. It seemed to have a lot more punch and if driven like i drive I am sure I'll be happy. The Vectra 2.2 petrol I had was lucky to get 26mpg round town so if I can manage mid 30's i'll be happy.

Paid £7300 57 on 08 plate. Is that fair?
Here is a picture, got different grill on but I like it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts