Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
407 2.2hdi 170 cambelt change

Can anyone kindly assist. Looking for details on cambelt change on 407 2.2hdi 170hp. Would help if someone could supply w/shop manual details for change or diagram showing timing set-up.
Would be grateful for assist -search has been driving me mad!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate quick response. When you say pin the crank, is the timing hole for pin into the flywheel same as 2.0?

·
Registered
828 Posts
2.2 HDi is exactly the same as the 2.0 minus a few differences - either the piston or connecting rods are shorter to give it more displacement, has a twin turbo rather than single and apparently some of the fuelling was changed. Everything else should be the same :thumb:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
2.2 HDi is exactly the same as the 2.0 minus a few differences - either the piston or connecting rods are shorter to give it more displacement, has a twin turbo rather than single and apparently some of the fuelling was changed. Everything else should be the same :thumb:
Not quite right, either the crankshaft has a longer stroke, or the bores are larger, or a combination of both to achieve the extra capacity.

Roger.

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
Your both right :)

It is exactly the same in terms of most of the dimensions are the same including how its timed but as roger says the stroke is longer to get the extra capacity so the block is actually slightly taller.

On older 2.2 the block is actually a totally different block to the 2 litre and cannot be interchanged as the crankcase is bigger meaning only a 2.2 gearbox will fit not sure if thats the case with newer 2.2 engine though.

Heads are essentially the same though a 2.2 head will fit a 2 litre and vice versa because the bores are the same size only the stroke is changed.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I'm no mechanic but when I've had the timing belt changed I've had the water pump changed at the same time. A few more £s but worth the piece of mind.

I had a 2007 2.2 170hp saloon, one of the best cars I ever owned, great fun!

Grumpy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts