Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. So before I start the bombing of questions here I think its better if I just try to find an answer for one weird detail (weird to me, maybe its normal) of a wire which is going through a hose in my Peugeot 407. Im adding an image, there is white wire going right through a hose! I mean is this normal or do any of you guys have any idea what is going on there?

I would like to figure that out because I think it might be related to other issues (multimedia lights fading away after 20 min of drive, late shifting in automatic gearbox, lazy accelerating after a while, keep getting P0410 code even tho I followed many posts about this in this forum and replaced the air pump already, having cruise control not activating,driver seat not heating while passenger does etc) Im having which I was planning to consult with you guys. So is there anybody who would know what that wire is all about and tell me what the hella is it doing in that hose so I wouldnt bore you with my other problems I mentioned above? :)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
The hose i think you are referring to is the cover for all the engine wiring as for the wire it is doubtful it has anything to do with your other issues
Dash fading well known issue
Auto box check oil level
Cruise not working could have multiple reasons
Seat not heating most likely broken wiring in the seat

These are all common issues

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hose i think you are referring to is the cover for all the engine wiring as for the wire it is doubtful it has anything to do with your other issues
Dash fading well known issue
Auto box check oil level
Cruise not working could have multiple reasons
Seat not heating most likely broken wiring in the seat

These are all common issues
Hey Reliable, Thanks for the answer. In the new image Ive marked the wire Im talking about. Isnt it a hose that wire going through?

Attachments

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Yes i guessed the wire but what makes you think its going through the hose if your talking the rear hose then it looks to me like its going over it not through it there would be no reason it would go through it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the image maybe it looks so but I swear its going through. I mean it enters the hose and comes out of other side, there is also a bit oil or some liquid I see there if I move the wire a bit up and down.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
The hose is an oil breather hose so its probably split and the wire has worn its way into it if thats the case just replace the hose and reroute the wire but its nothing to do with any of your issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The hose is an oil breather hose so its probably split and the wire has worn its way into it if thats the case just replace the hose and reroute the wire but its nothing to do with any of your issues.
Thanks for the information about the hose, Ive been going crazy about it.

As for the wire, the wire was put or set this way on purpose or intentionally, hose is good and healthy, Im 100 percent sure that whoever did this they did intentionally. So now Im looking for the answer that why and for what purpose?

And if I did like you said, would that add another item to my damage list? I mean there should be a reason for that wire to be in there unless it was set by blind person.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
The wire is going to the alternator looking at the pic and has been in that position since new unless someone has replaced alternator at some point and rerouted it which is possible.

Whatever the reason it should not be inside the hose :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
unless someone has replaced alternator at some point and rerouted it which is possible.
In this country everything is possible so I think you got to right point!

Whatever the reason it should not be inside the hose
So Im going to replace the hose and let that wire be out of there or should I do something with the wire like set it aside somewhere or let it just be?

I know I asked too much, sorry for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts