Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone please help me. My dash came up with red temp sign saying car was overheating but gauge still reading 90 - nowhere near red then engine management light came on with the famous "depollution system faulty" message. Changed coolant sensor - engine management light went off but next day 1 min into driving red temp sign again but gauge still on 90. Changed thermostat. Drove it today and again just minutes into driving red temp light flashes up beeping numerous times, engine management light back on gauge nowhere near red - it did fluctuate a little to around 95 but nowhere near red. All levels are fine. Had new water pump couple of years back. Radiator cap seems fine. Could there be air in coolant after changing thermostat? - could this cause these issues though?. Going to buy obd reader for codes but any assistance/advice would be appreciated. Car is not overheating but still very worrying. Thank you.

Issue has been resolved. No codes were stored when reader plugged in. We found that after changing the thermostat air had got into the system. It has worked it's way through thankfully. All working now. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you know of someone close by with a Peugeot 2000 diagnostic, it might be worth plugging that in and finding out.

I had the same one day, temp was fine but suddenly the overheating message came on, car when into limp home mode and then a little later stopped altogether with a depolution error. Fitting a new coolant temp sensor solved that for me though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts