Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the site & have a 407 2.0 hdi 2009. I'm having serious running problems which no one seems to be able to cure... Symptoms are- car randomly cutting out when stopped at junctions etc just recently started dying while driving also & when pulling away it is very hesitant and trying to stall having to rev to around 2 k and dip the clutch to keep it running. It started a month or so ago and is getting progressively worse, only error code I'm getting is for glow pugs but car starts from cold with no issues. Sorry for the long post but anyone had this or any suggestions to the cause???

C

·
0 Posts
Glow plugs aren't just for starting these days.

I'd do a diagnostic to check dpf to see if it's blocked

Sort glow plugs
Change fuel and air filter
Clean fuel sender unit
Clean air doser
Blank egr

See if there is any improvement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glow plugs aren't just for starting these days.

I'd do a diagnostic to check dpf to see if it's blocked

Sort glow plugs
Change fuel and air filter
Clean fuel sender unit
Clean air doser
Blank egr

See if there is any improvement.
Thanks, glow plugs will be changed on Monday morning car recently serviced with new air/fuel filter will try the others also, wish you worked at my local main dealer they seem clueless!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well went out this morning to change glow plugs what a [email protected]@t of a job gave up after an hour and getting no where fast just built up what I'd stripped off & booked into main dealer they want £130 inc parts labour & vat, delighted with that tbh. Getting it running right then for sale!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi, new to the site & have a 407 2.0 hdi 2009. I'm having serious running problems which no one seems to be able to cure... Symptoms are- car randomly cutting out when stopped at junctions etc just recently started dying while driving also & when pulling away it is very hesitant and trying to stall having to rev to around 2 k and dip the clutch to keep it running. It started a month or so ago and is getting progressively worse, only error code I'm getting is for glow pugs but car starts from cold with no issues. Sorry for the long post but anyone had this or any suggestions to the cause???
Similar problem with my 2005 407 2.0 HDi, turned out to be the EGR valve was dirty. Took it off and cleaned it, rev the t*ts of the car regularly now, hardly ever use 6th gear, never been a problem since.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Malcolm I did notice when removing the pipe running acids the engine from the egr that it had lots of soot in it. When removing the egr valve is it just bolted on by the 2 bolts you can see or are there any underneath the egr? Tried to remove mine and count free it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, had the car on the diagnostic today-

P2143 egr valve electrical malfunction intermittent

P0406 egr valve signal to high intermittent

P0112 inlet air temp sensor circuit, short circuit to ground or open circuit intermittent

P0102 air flow signal low intermittent

2084 unknown fault code

P0088 diesel high pressure regulation circuit. Rail pressure cannot be limited by lowering pump filling flow pressure intermittent

P1351 preheating relay circuit, relay controlled and glowplugs not supplied intermittent

Looks like I've got a few issues!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Gut feeling: blank the EGR and fit a new air intake temp sensor.

EGR open when it shouldn't be means your engine can't breathe, and if there is also a problem with air intake sensors will just make things work. Consistent with being down on power and stalling.

Good luck!

·
Registered
240 Posts
sounds similar to what mine was doing codewise,first i ungummed the EGR it was stuck(shaft) and couldnt move hence the codes- ''out of range'',
once removed, take off a plastic cover near the electrical plug and the mechanism is easy to get at with it off (then lube the shaft you'll see),
the awkward last bolt is hidden and is an allen bolt underneath,i used a mirror to find it and fingers feeling for stuff mostly ,
next i topped up the eolys tank
i replaced all four glow plugs (-only one was working of those that came out).
seems all ok now no codes yet...fingers crossed...:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts