Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I bought a 2006 407SW 2.0HDI in November (from a now known to be less-than-reputable garage), and have to say I'm starting to get to the end of my tether with it!!

I first noticed that it was losing power when accelerating uphill. It returns the error 'P2562 Permanent Fault: Turbo Position repeat signal valve position too distant in relation to the reference value'.

I (or should I say our garage) have tried all the following, in order:

Replaced turbo (cost of £750). Surely this would fix it? No it hasn't.
Installed EGR Blanking plate. Gave a bit of a performance boost, but still loses power.
Replaced turbo solenoid. Made absolutely no difference.

Total spend so far close to £900 for this (plus a new power steering pump that was another £750). I'm starting to get to the end of my tether with this, throwing money at it with no benefit.

I am absolutely stumped as to why I'm still having problems.

I bought a Peugeot OBD kit (we have a Citroen too so worthwhile investment). It returned the following parameters a few weeks ago when I tested:

Today, after clearing the errors and trying again, it returned the following:

I don't know what any of the values really mean, but the -49C entry struck me as something giving out erroneous readings perhaps?

The one part that they haven't yet changed (which I thought was the solenoid), is this one, located in the front left of the engine bay. May not even be related, but it looks like they haven't changed this part:

I have seen loads of people that have had these issues, unfortunately all seem to either get so frustrated and get rid of the car, or replace parts of the Turbo (when we've replaced the entire turbo to no avail). I've spent too much on it now to get rid, so really need some pointers if anyone could help please!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Vacuum is ALWAYS the first thing to test on these the brown solenoid is the vacuum control for the turbo there is on some versions a vacuum capsule hidden under the manifold and the pipes to it split causing loss of power on long hill climbs.

Your garage has just read low boost = turbo stuffed I would hit them over the head with it and ask for a refund once you get the vacuum sorted :)

70% of power issues with HDI engines are caused by vacuum issues the other 30% are generally EGR and MAF

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both for your input, been a long couple of weeks!!

Well, unplugging the MAF sensor unfortunately didn't make any difference. We took it off and it was all clean inside, but leaving it disconnected I still had the problem.

The garage had the car back for all of last week. Told them to keep it until it's fixed. They removed the turbo completely again and got it checked out by the supplier - it was all fine. They eventually managed to isolate the problem to some valves, sorry I don't know what they're called but there are three of them apparently. Turns out one of these valves was sticking, causing the error and the car to go into limp mode. They replaced the valve and (touch wood) the car has been perfect since. Done some testing with it over the weekend and it hasn't failed once.

Still a little annoyed that I've had to fork out for a whole new turbo, but at least it's one part I know will hopefully go on for a while now. I'm guessing the garage felt bad at the cost, as they haven't charged me for any of the work they've done since (replacing several parts, including other work I needed done like an ABS sensor), including spending 4 straight days working on it last week.

Sorry I can't remember the name of the valves (someone else may know what they're called), but I hate threads where people solve the problem and leave people hanging, so thought I'd at least provide an update!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks both for your input, been a long couple of weeks!!

Well, unplugging the MAF sensor unfortunately didn't make any difference. We took it off and it was all clean inside, but leaving it disconnected I still had the problem.

The garage had the car back for all of last week. Told them to keep it until it's fixed. They removed the turbo completely again and got it checked out by the supplier - it was all fine. They eventually managed to isolate the problem to some valves, sorry I don't know what they're called but there are three of them apparently. Turns out one of these valves was sticking, causing the error and the car to go into limp mode. They replaced the valve and (touch wood) the car has been perfect since. Done some testing with it over the weekend and it hasn't failed once.

Still a little annoyed that I've had to fork out for a whole new turbo, but at least it's one part I know will hopefully go on for a while now. I'm guessing the garage felt bad at the cost, as they haven't charged me for any of the work they've done since (replacing several parts, including other work I needed done like an ABS sensor), including spending 4 straight days working on it last week.

Sorry I can't remember the name of the valves (someone else may know what they're called), but I hate threads where people solve the problem and leave people hanging, so thought I'd at least provide an update!
Hi. I have the same problem with a 2005SW 407 2.0hdi. Can you let me know what valve was changed that made the difference, as I need to get it through its MOT? Many thanks.

·
3,194 Posts
HI....the op has'nt been on here for 5 years so i doubt if he will answer...maybe start a new thread and seek answers from current members

1 - 7 of 7 Posts