Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and could anybody tell me how the oil filter top comes off on a 56 plate 2.0 HDI. Sorry to ask this but I've never come across this type before.

C

·
0 Posts
You can buy proper oil filter sockets for those. It's a standard size, and worth investing if you're gorna do your own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oil filter change.

chopper1192 said:
You can buy proper oil filter sockets for those. It's a standard size, and worth investing if you're gorna do your own.
Thanks Chopper1192 for the info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oil filter change.

bettyswollocks said:
Send me your email and i`ll send you a full guide or you can just use a 27mm Socket & Wrench.
Hi thanks, discribes in detail, will get on with it tomorrow.

Pete.

·
Registered
214 Posts
PeterPaul I have full write up on how to do an Oil change on a 2.0HDi PM me with your email address and I will send you a copy

·
Registered
214 Posts
See Gents if we had a technical document section as I queried a few months ago this question could of been answered by someone looking for a writ up or how to guide .... I rest my case

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Newspaperman said:
See Gents if we had a technical document section as I queried a few months ago this question could of been answered by someone looking for a writ up or how to guide .... I rest my case
im looking into finding a free webhost, making a site which can be accessed from this forum, which has all the guides, to fix and mod and any other top tips. what i am also looking into doing is making this so the public can actively change things when they need amending (obvious security - such as admin proof reading)

i am just going through the forum looking for these how to guides and putting them in my favorites....if you have any please pm me the link or if you have any ideas, that would be even better! :thumb:

it will take a bit of time, due to work etc but will try my best. :thumb:

·
Registered
214 Posts
FYI Ive just sent cck2k9 2 - How to Guides 2.HDi Oil Change Procedure and Radio removal for starters. Both are branded in the Peugeot Forum Style

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 308 2.0 HDi and was wanting some guidance on changing the oil filter especially in regards to access to the top of the housing, I appreciate it is 27mm hex but its not located in the easist location i.e. I'm not even sure a rachet & socket will get in there and certainly not a full lenght ring spanner !

I am assuming the 407 and 308 with 100kw 2.0 HDi have the same engine and layout ?

I have a thread started here too http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/changing-2-0-hdi-oil-filter-81833/

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 308 2.0 HDi and was wanting some guidance on changing the oil filter especially in regards to access to the top of the housing, I appreciate it is 27mm hex but its not located in the easist location i.e. I'm not even sure a rachet & socket will get in there and certainly not a full lenght ring spanner !
I ended up buying the cheapest ring spanner Supercheap had, & getting a friendly engineer to bastardise it with a shallow S, so it fitted between rad & motor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ended up buying the cheapest ring spanner Supercheap had, & getting a friendly engineer to bastardise it with a shallow S, so it fitted between rad & motor.
Thank you for the reply

What is a shallow S, you mean cut it down to size so it fits ?

BTW did you use ramps to get access to the sump plug ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the reply

What is a shallow S, you mean cut it down to size so it fits ?

BTW did you use ramps to get access to the sump plug ?
Looking at it side on, the spanner becomes a shallow s. My engineer welded on a 1/2" square drive, but I haven't had to use it.

yes, up on ramps to get at sump plug

1 - 19 of 19 Posts