Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2004 407 1.8 petrol, I have fitted new genuine plugs, and cleaned the throttle body, checked for air leaks, and the idle is still uneven when the car is hot and idling, it seems like one cyl is just breaking down for a micro second, the car is driving perfectly and there are no fault codes in the engine, could it be the coil pack on thw way out? also the idle speed is only around 600 rpm when hot, is there a reset possible for the idle speed/throttle body/ thanks in advance

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't have a petrol 407 but this may point you in the right direction.
On a friends 406 1,8 petrol there was an idle bypass valve on the throttle body.
It consists of a small servo motor that moves a plunger (cone shaped) in and out to regulate the idle speed
This air flow feeds into the manifold via a small port which gets clogged up with carbon..Remove the motor and you will see the small port at the bottom
of the hole.
If you straighten out a paper clip and snip the end off with a pair of side cutters to make a chisel point it fits perfectly into the hole so you can poke the carbon out.
If you leave this the car will eventually start to stall on tickover as the port blocks completely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts