Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a keen camper ive been trying to persuade the mrs that a caravan is the way forward and she's finally succumbed to my sales tactics! :D

Anyway i need to buy a 5 berth van owing to having three kids under seven and was wondering what the max towing weight is on the SW 1.6 HDi and how does it do when towing seen as its just a puny 1.6. Mine has been remapped to about 130bhp btw.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi I have a C5 est with the 1.6 hdi engine and it's the best towcar i've ever had . I tow an ACE Rallyman 2 berth weighing about 970kg . I use cruise control a lot when towing I find it makes a big difference.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah cheers Trem. I already knew the towing weight max was 1300kgs just wondered if anyone had any experiences of how good it tows?

·
5,071 Posts
Yeah cheers Trem. I already knew the towing weight max was 1300kgs just wondered if anyone had any experiences of how good it tows?
ooohhh right:eek: cant really comment on the 1.6 as mines a 2.0 and tows my van superbly BUT the 1.6 in standard trim is 110bhp isnt it??? thats the same bhp as the 406 2.0 hdi which was an excellent towcar i believe. As yours is a little more than standard and all your towing is 1300kg max it should pull like a train, my 2.0 pulls my 1545kg caravan like its not there:cool::cool:

·
5,071 Posts
Anyway i need to buy a 5 berth van owing to having three kids under seven and was wondering what the max towing weight is on the SW 1.6 HDi
i thought you'd asked about towing weights:nod::nod::nod:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Trem, according to your links above the max towing weight for a 2.0 is 1370kgs yet your towing 1545kgs. Does it manage ok?

·
5,071 Posts
Hey Trem, according to your links above the max towing weight for a 2.0 is 1370kgs yet your towing 1545kgs. Does it manage ok?
mines the one rated at 1900kg but yea tows perfectly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts