Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where this goes too? We have a new sensor and harness on order but where abouts does it go? It seems to disappear over the top of the fuel tank?

Robbie

J

·
0 Posts
I presume, although not 100% sure, that it is part no.17 here, which looks like it plugs into something above the fuel tank (this is for my 2.0HDI, but I would think the 1.6 would be similar)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
p.s. where did you get the diagram from would be handy for us to download some even if have to pay a little

Thanks

Robbie

J

·
0 Posts
Register at Peugeot Service Box it will tell you its for pros, but register anyway and you'll have access to all Peugeot diagrams - all by VIN no. for proper accuracy :thumb:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Remove the rear drivers side wheel (under the fuel cap)
Remove the rear mud guard..you will see the fuel cap harness clipped onto the fuel filler pipe.
The sensor is just push clipped into position under the filler pipe...you will need to drop the fuel tank a few inches to pull out old harness and pull in new one...Tape the old harness onto the new one and fish it tru that way...the connector is in beside the fuel tank level sender under the rear seat (green in colour)

If you have a power washer give the rear mud guard/wheel arch) a good cleaning before hand....replaced one a few weeks ago and i'd say the owner must have been driving tru fields before he dropped off the car to me...:(
I was covered in mud by the time i was finished..:nod:
Ron.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help all done. Sensor is under drivers side rear seat(under carpet and round speaker sized black plastic insert)

When working the sensor should read 149kohms when fuel cap is present(undo the connection under the seat and put your probes on the two pins)

Robbie

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again for all the help. Managed to get the green connector over the tank alongside the filler neck, following the thick fuel pipe. Wasn't easy but managed to pass a cable through to tie the connector to, and pushed, pulled, and wiggled the fuel pipe from above finally achieving success. Didn't need to drop the tank but would have been easier If I had done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts