Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update

just to say thanks :) today i removed, took apart, cleaned and re-assembled and replaced my egr valve. wouldnt have been able to do it without the info posted by people on here :thumb: sorry there arent any photos, i had to do it without a garage so didnt hang around incase it decided to pee down. took around 90mins to do and the car is definatley running better as a result :nod:

·
11,992 Posts
Great stuff. Did you need ramps? What other stuff did you need - tooling and gasket wise? I'd like to do mine just as a matter of course but only have limited facilities where I am at the moment.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great stuff. Did you need ramps? What other stuff did you need - tooling and gasket wise? I'd like to do mine just as a matter of course but only have limited facilities where I am at the moment.
no ramps, did it from the top. you have to lean right over from the front and side, helps if your over 6ft, im 5' 10'' and the couple of extra inches would have come in handy :D did it with quater inch drive socket set between 8-12 mm, t20 torx driver, slot head screwdriver and cleaned and re-used original metal gasket. Cleaned it out with wynns egr valve cleaner.

·
11,992 Posts
Thank you. I'm 6 foot 4 but find working on the low engine gives me backache.

Oops, just re-read this thread. Its the DPF I want to clean. I had the EGR valve changed a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
ive just recently found out a work colleague suffered from a DPF issue, after much cursing and me filling his head with info and even saying martins (bettys) saying "take it out, get a remap" it turned out the DPF pipe had actually split...a little money later at a welder and his car is alot better...or so he says.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts