Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I own 407 1.6 HDI sw Peugeot , year 2007. I had a problem, on the computer display it showed that I have depolution system fault and Esp/Asr system fault. I went to the local peugeot official garage, and they got me a diagnosis (110 eur) saying that my EGR valve needs to be replaced. They said another thing that esp/asr faul should go away as well when I replace EGR, that both of the mentioned are connected in ( to me) some weird way. And with replacement of EGR valve those faults should go away. Since they wanted to skin me alive with the price, I went for the alternative, bought a new valve, got it replaced, and some of the turbo tubes were not fitted tightly so I replaced the rubber in the tubes and fitted them as I should.Faults disappeared. It was grand for 3 or 4 days, till this morning all of the faults came back. If anybody had a similar experience, please, shed some light on this. Thanks!

·
12,806 Posts
I'm not certain but I'm sure I recall that it needs to be programmed with Planet.

Most people just go with a blanking plate for under a fiver.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had the ESP fault for months, finally got rid of it by removing and cleaning out the EGR. It was blanked off at the time but that didn't affect it. The computer knew that the valve was was stuck.

I think the ECU uses the valve position to calculate how much exhaust is going back into the engine -> to calculate airflow -> to calculate torque, which affects how much power it does or doesn't give to individual wheels when the ESP gets activated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts