Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you can help,
i bought a 407 in Feb 2008,the car is a 54 plate,since i bought it it has cut out on me nearly everyday,it cuts out when i slow down and it seems all the electrics go off so steering is a nightmare,fortunately it does not cut out whilst driving at speed only when stopping/slowing down.my warranty ran out but the dealer i bought it from keeps taking it to fix but the problem still exists.it seems it does not do it when he drives it,it does not register any faults.also i have read several problems regarding the 407 on this site which i think my car has them all i.e.depollution fault,brake light and indicator faults.i must off bought a duff car.which is a shame cause the car is a stunner.Hope someone can help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree matey great car but they really seem to have to many problems:mad: i think i have been rather lucky so far mine is the same age as yours, did you buy from a pug dealer? i think your only option is to get it booked in at main stealer, it seems quite a serious fault.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Get the battery tested make sure its holding its charge. If you have any doubt about it replace it. I would advise you take it to a garage to have it changed and make sure they use a memory saver. Its a power supplie you plug into the ciager socket so it does not loose any of its memory. I have not had many problems but have had problems with modern cars but mainly fiats if we didnt use a memory saver. (dont leave the keys in the car is it can lock when fitting the new battery)

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there i have the same prob but only mine is a 207 mplay and its brand new 08.. i have had it back to the dealer 4 times which as found no fault just like you and its sodes law it never does it when they have got it.. they have got it now for the 5th time am at my witts end as i love the car and now its turned from love to hate its a danger to drive as mine does it when it want to i have refused the car back until they get it sorted if i hear of the prob i will let you no or other than that am in my rights to demand an other new car.. i can understand how you feel am the same way if you hear anything let me no for now i hope you get it fixed thats a laugh.....:lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.