Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
In june i bought a vw polo 98, with the sole purpose of converting it to run on straight wvo, i have also been running it on other things like waste motor oil, hydraulic oil and other oils, runs ok with most burnable liquids.
However i do not think there is alot of light at the end of the tunnel as my polo is old and has alot of rust and being a caring husband, i do not want my wife driving it because of safety.

I have a 406 which i want to convert, with a duel tank system where i can switch between diesel and wvo. i have made a quick scetch of how i am thinking of doing it

I will be using the engine cooling water to heat up the vegetable oil and i will not switch over until it is hot, i will be using two three way solenoid valved for the switching over procedure both for supply and return.

Now i do know that this is a common rail, very delicate etc... but when the oil is clean and hot i see no problems with this working, and obviously i will switch back to diesel before i arrive at my destination.

I will have the wasteoil tank in the trunk or the wheelwell, and i will try to add a filling cap to the outside of the car to avoid a mess inside, i will be adding a copper heating coil inside the tank, and i will also make a copper heat exchanger that will fit right before the three way valve.
i will be trying to have the heatexhanger as close as possible to the stock filter to make the traveling distance without adding heat shorter.

Before i go ahead with this, i will make sure that i have backup fuelpump and injectors incase this does not work out as intended

Any ideas, comments or questions? i am open for suggestions. I am also open for questions regarding my polo, but that would be over PM as this is a peugeot forum

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
What engine is in the 406?

The 1.9 XUD will burn anything, but the HDi will only burn diesel; even biodiesel upsets it.
Thick oils will kill the Lucas pump in the 2.1, but it can be converted to the Bosch pump from the 1.9.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What engine is in the 406?

The 1.9 XUD will burn anything, but the HDi will only burn diesel; even biodiesel upsets it.
Thick oils will kill the Lucas pump in the 2.1, but it can be converted to the Bosch pump from the 1.9.
I forgot to mention that, sorry
Peugeot 406 2003 2.0 HDI, i think it is a bosch pump

1 - 3 of 3 Posts