Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I own a 1999 Peugeot 406 HDI

Whenever th air con is switched on i get a error message on the display saying thaat the engine temp is to high. If the air con is switched off this error doesn't appear.

I have had the aircon re-gased but this has made no change

Could someone please help me

Thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
damiancutts said:
Hi

I own a 1999 Peugeot 406 HDI

Whenever th air con is switched on i get a error message on the display saying thaat the engine temp is to high. If the air con is switched off this error doesn't appear.

I have had the aircon re-gased but this has made no change

Could someone please help me

Thanks
Fiirst welcome to the forum :wave2:

Does the cooloing fan still work? When you switch on the a/c the fan should come on at a lower temperature,if it isnt working then you will get the warning light on. Hope this is of help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when you first switch the engine on you hear the fan kick in after about 10 seconds it stops then every now and again it kicks in again and then stops.

there is also another problem that when ever the handbrake is applited a message saying "brake fluid level low" it is full

·
Registered
862 Posts
damiancutts said:
when you first switch the engine on you hear the fan kick in after about 10 seconds it stops then every now and again it kicks in again and then stops.

there is also another problem that when ever the handbrake is applited a message saying "brake fluid level low" it is full

Sounds as though there is aproblem with the relays that control the fan,if i remember correctly there are 3 of them,each one for different speeds. If any one of them has a fault then you will get some sort of problem,so they are worth checking out.

Concerning the 'brake fluid level' in 99% of cases it is the h/brake switch under the lever, but it could well be the level sensor in the reservoir.obviously you've checked the harness is ok ?

Hope this helps you :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have replaced the relays and also the high pressure air con switch but i still have the problem could you suggest anything else?

·
Registered
862 Posts
damiancutts said:
I have replaced the relays and also the high pressure air con switch but i still have the problem could you suggest anything else?

there are 2 cooling fans when you switch on the air con the first one should start, if it doesnt then then the second one wont start either hence over heating.There is a switch at the side of the radiator for the fan check that out as well.

Another possibility is it could be a waterpump failure.
take top off expansion/header tank (where u put water in).with engine running you should get water flow coming thru 1 pipe into the water fill bottle.
if not,sounds like waters not circulating(being pushed round the engine),hence,the waterpumps goosed.

Try bleeding the system first though might be air blocked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts