Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've just changed the fuel filter on my 406 2.0 HDI diesel Y reg 2001
The engine management light has now come on, I think maybe due to me not allowing the filter to fill completely before tarting the engine ??
The car drives fine but the management light is on.

Is there any updates or advice on which OBD or OBD2 reader i need to reset the light,
After reading various threads on- line there seems to be complications on obtaining a simple reader to analyse fault codes and cancel them.

I assume that this early registration would mean that my 406 is OBD1 and later OBD2 will not read the codes ?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Phill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ODB / ODB2 readers

Just an update on the engine light

After a drive of about 30 miles the management light has decided to go out by itself, I don't know why or how but it's back to normal at the moment.

I would still like to purchase the correct diagnostic device for the car for future use, does any one know if the lexus 3 / peugeot planet kits you can but from the internet regular mail order sites are any good or just a waste of money.
do they work or are they just cheap foreign copies of the real thing.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Check engine signal disappeared as it was just a "fugitive" error signal, as you said after 30 miles or so this kind of false alarms are cleared when system doesn't detect abnormal condition any more.

Lexia cables and pp2000 available in ebay or such sites are copies, original one is quite more expensive... For personal use no serious problems are reported, once it is working and communicating with car.

There are several threads with more info and tips about it.

erick

·
12,088 Posts
I would still like to purchase the correct diagnostic device for the car for future use, does any one know if the lexus 3 / peugeot planet kits you can but from the internet regular mail order sites are any good or just a waste of money.
do they work or are they just cheap foreign copies of the real thing.
Why have you not read the FAQ link I posted? The answer is there. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts