Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi peeps, ive got a 406 110hdi an my dad has the 90hdi , today he was travelling in 3rd gear from a junction ( i know to slow wrong gear lol) when he put his foot down to the car juddered violentley an stopped, it as not started since, i took the oil filler cap off while he turned engine over and you can see what i think is the cam turning so i think that rules out a broken cam belt.
does anyone know what could be wrong, the engine seems as tho its trying to start.
any help would be great as we need to get this sorted asap as my dad is disabled,
cheers simon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Glad you got it sorted , Price to fix for future reference?[/QUOTe

once the garage told us what it was i went to our local pug breakers an got 1 for £45, an then the garage charged £10 to fit it but then hit my dad for another £45 to put on the computer and turn the engine managment light off:mad:
so £100, but we needed it done asap so not 2bad i suppose.:lol:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
arnie said:
bettyswollocks said:
Glad you got it sorted , Price to fix for future reference?[/QUOTe

once the garage told us what it was i went to our local pug breakers an got 1 for £45, an then the garage charged £10 to fit it but then hit my dad for another £45 to put on the computer and turn the engine managment light off:mad:
so £100, but we needed it done asap so not 2bad i suppose.:lol:

Get your Dad to read this thread if he`s up to it , might be worth investing for again.:thumb:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5545

G

·
They just slapped a new lift pump on without flushing the debris out the fuel lines...???!!! :eek:

If your HDi90 ever grinds to a halt, do NOT keep trying to start it - it is not unknown that when the lift pump fails the load on the main pump is such that the cambelt can let go, with dire consequences for the rest of the engine.

Clearing codes and resetting the ECU is a 6 minute, or 0.1hr, job (+VAT) so how in hell did your auld feller end up paying £45 - is their labour rate really £450 an hour?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This maybe not the best way to start off activity on a forum but as a mechanic i have say the cost of the diagnostic and fault clearance is warranted, taking into accont the cost of the equipment in the first place then the subscription costs for the software upgrades. This does not come for nothing and at 45 pounds the cost is still less than the local peugeot dealer who will charge a minimum hours labour for the codes read and cancelled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts