Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
I would like to know the difference between the white-striped and the green-striped 406 injectors?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Not sure? probably just different manufacturers. As far as I can tell all 406 petrol injectors are the same.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure? probably just different manufacturers. As far as I can tell all 406 petrol injectors are the same.
One of my green-striped injectors malfunctioned and the check engine light started to flash and the engine started behaving abnormally. I went to the junkyard and he gave me four white-striped injectors. I replaced all the green ones with the white ones and the car didn't start. I re-put the green ones and just replaced the malfunctioned one, the car started but at sometimes the engine nearly dies when accelerating, and the power is not like before. Another junkyard man told me that "the white one is compatible with your 406" but, obviously, it isn't..

·
Registered
969 Posts
Its not a good idea to get a critical electronic item from a junk yard. My advice is to fit a new injector, most likely from a Bosch agent. You will then have to get the fault code cleared and the ECU reset with a diagnostic tool. Yes its expensive, but its the only way to get the job right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a little bit of digging, i found out that the green striped one fits the 1.8L 16V engine (mine), whilst the white striped one fits the 2.0i 16V engine. The orange striped ne fits the 2.2 engines

·
Registered
969 Posts
There you go Hussein problem solved. When you use a competent dealer for a new part you would be asked for your 406`s details, they would then be able to identify the correct injector.
Fitting second hand stuff is hit or miss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts