Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected my battery to charge it and on reconnection an immobiliser light has come on. Do I need a code, where do I get it & once I've got it do I need someone to plug something in to get the car going again. I live in Gloucester UK so if you can help let me know.
Cheers, Stoph

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You did not research before disconnecting battery or this could have been avoided !!

3minuite rule is VERY important on 406s

You need the keys recoded the code has been lost to do that you need the 4 digit security code and Peugeot planet to input the code

security code is on a credit card type card with a scratch off panel comes with the car when new if you have it great if not it can be got for a small fee.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Previous Post.

I had exactly the same problem over Christmas. Disconnected the battery and it wont start, key symbol on, three weeks later and I got it sorted.
Forty years in the motor trade but not much hands on work, on modern cars. I had some good advice, BSI reset, water in the foot well, broken wire from ECU to BSI etc, I checked it all out first but to no avail.
Bought PP2000 from Jim, all day to load onto PC, plugged it in to the car, guessed my way to new equipment, key recode, etc, following the on screen prompts and away we go, it runs. You need to enter a lot of numbers relevant to the car, along the way but that's all it was, lost key code after power interruption.
Apparently its quite common on 406, unfortunately it was not the first thing suggested to me so I spent a lot of time chasing red herrings. A few minutes with a lap top recoding keys would have proved if something more serious was wrong.
Unfortunately not every corner garage has PP2000, so you either have to pay someone to come out, or buy it and try yourself, probably about the same price but if you have bought it you have it for ever.
You will need a PC with a 32 bit processor or you will have trouble with cars before 2007.
Best of luck, I now just need to learn how to use all the other features of PP2000 and what all these fault codes really mean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts