Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my heater matrix has started leaking i now have a swimming pool in the passenger footwell as i am a taxi driver and my 406 is my taxi i need it fixed asap with xmas coming up i have taken 3 screws and a clip off at the passenger side and cant find any more does anyone know if there are any screws or clips on the driver side that would be holding it in , thanx mark78

·
Registered
862 Posts
mark78 said:
my heater matrix has started leaking i now have a swimming pool in the passenger footwell as i am a taxi driver and my 406 is my taxi i need it fixed asap with xmas coming up i have taken 3 screws and a clip off at the passenger side and cant find any more does anyone know if there are any screws or clips on the driver side that would be holding it in , thanx mark78

Its usually a dashboard removal job,remove the steering wheel and the column in one bit. remove the keys so the steering lock comes on. if the steering spins after you disconnect it from the rack it will damage the clock spring for the airbag. remove all the bolts and lift forwards and check up the back for any wires still connected. not sure if these are bolted from the engine side of the bulkhead. pretty big job for a novice but if you know a bit about cars you should manage ok.

If you have a digital camera take pics as you progress they might prove handy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello mate,had my matrix changed in my 51 plate 406 and it was an hour and half job.dash didnt have to come out on mine.good luck with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts