Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '98 Mk1 406 with Climate Control. There is a problem with the heater/colling fan in that it pretty much doesn't work. If you set it to auto, nothing turns. Only if you set the control on manual to full speed does the fan kick in, but that's not every time. If it doesn't work, then i can force it by truning off and on the ignition / electrics.
So far I have changed the heater fan and heater fan control module attached to it, and have also changed the control panel on the which i believe to be the ECU for the system too. Sometimes when I have taken these parts out and replaced, the system may work for a very short time, but if you stop the car, lock up, and come back to it later, the system will be virtually dead again.
Any ideas what I can try next bar taking to to a dealer?

·
Registered
862 Posts
neil.potter said:
I have a '98 Mk1 406 with Climate Control. There is a problem with the heater/colling fan in that it pretty much doesn't work. If you set it to auto, nothing turns. Only if you set the control on manual to full speed does the fan kick in, but that's not every time. If it doesn't work, then i can force it by truning off and on the ignition / electrics.
So far I have changed the heater fan and heater fan control module attached to it, and have also changed the control panel on the which i believe to be the ECU for the system too. Sometimes when I have taken these parts out and replaced, the system may work for a very short time, but if you stop the car, lock up, and come back to it later, the system will be virtually dead again.
Any ideas what I can try next bar taking to to a dealer?
this is a pretty common fault often it is the ignition switch, remove the fuse box cover beneath the steering wheel. you will see the fuse box in front of you ,the large black wire going into the front bottom corner ( closest to the steering columm )of the fuse board,that should be live when the ignition is switched on also the 40 amp fuse adjacent to it should be live. if it isnt then there is a fault with the ignition switch.
if theres a live at the wire and the 40amp fuse then the fault's with the fan speed control unit.this is located in the n/s foot well on the heater box beside the front of the center console side trim ,this unit will have two connectors adjacent to each other the both of them are green ,one has two wires, red live and black earth, the other has 4 wires 1 8mm headed bolt holds it in place

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I can;t see a 40 amp fuse on the board, so struggling there. On top of that, I can't see the fan speed control as described. I thought this was part of the fan unit itself, in which case it's been changed.
Time for the dealers?

·
Registered
862 Posts
neil.potter said:
Thanks for that. I can;t see a 40 amp fuse on the board, so struggling there. On top of that, I can't see the fan speed control as described. I thought this was part of the fan unit itself, in which case it's been changed.
Time for the dealers?
Find a good independant peugeot are way to expensive. Someone has obviously changed/repaired it in the past. sorry cant be of more help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts