Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arite guys,

im just about to join the peugeot clan by investing in a 406 coupe. Now the 2.0 aint really an option due to the fact there to big n to slow, but is it true that the v6's suffer from gear box problems and are a mechanical nitemare?

ta

Gus

·
Registered
862 Posts
Jackal2k8 said:
arite guys,

im just about to join the peugeot clan by investing in a 406 coupe. Now the 2.0 aint really an option due to the fact there to big n to slow, but is it true that the v6's suffer from gear box problems and are a mechanical nitemare?

ta

Gus

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

The 2.0 litre is underpowered for a coupe no question. the V6 is generally relaibale,but can be expensive to repair,as for the gears If the gear change feels notchy, its possible teeth may have chipped off in the diff. A new gearbox may be needed. Dont repair it as the warranty wont cover all the gears,should they break it will cost you,if the gear change feels heavy then it could be a sign that the clutch is on the way out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right mate ta for the advice, i aint interested in the 2.0 16v cos theres no point really they wouldnt pull your foreskin back tbh. Im goin to test drive a few b4 i buy 1 iv got my eye on a few so ill let u no how it goes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts