Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads,
My 406 hdi coupe rear lights and front side lights have for some unknown reason stopped working. At first they were intermitant,then every time i would close the boot lid the back lights would go off. I have checked the fuse box, light conections around the back lights. I still have brake, fog,and indicators all working on the same light clusters no problem. I am left scratching my head and thinking am i missing something simple.
Can anyone shed any light on it please?

·
Registered
126 Posts
No idea if the coupes too suffer with this but is the driver foot well damp / wet at all? I know there are multi pin connectors under there that if when they get wet can cause mayhem with lights - though I thought that was just brake lights, it would certainly be worth a look.

Other than that, sounds like a wiring fault of sorts with the units themselves, are they sealed in securely i.e no drips or leaks?
With my estate I have had a bit of a nightmare with a rear light unit letting in water which then fills the tailgate trim of water, amazing they still worked in my case but definitely again I would rule it out!

Other than that - I'm out of ideas! Best of luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
406 back lights not working

Thanks for the reply.
The footwells are dry but i wil check the conections.
When the car is started the rear lights do come on for 10 to 15 seconds then a 5 second sqeeking sound occours from mid dashboard behind the radio area and the rear lights go out. The indicators, brake, and fog lights still work though:confused:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

The footwells are dry but i wil check the conections.

When the car is started the rear lights do come on for 10 to 15 seconds then a 5 second sqeeking sound occours from mid dashboard behind the radio area and the rear lights go out. The indicators, brake, and fog lights still work though:confused:

I don't know what else to suggest, maybe get a multi meter, check the current going through it and see if that changes after the time frame? Could be shorting out somewhere or something.. I'm just guessing of corse!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts