Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I've been Googling myself to exhausting trying to find a similar problem, but nothing's coming up that helps. I'm hoping that posting on here will ring a bell with someone.

Recently I started having problems with the CD changer in my 2001 Coupe (2.0) where it would stop playing discs halfway through, and now it won't read discs at all. It cycles through the discs, but doesn't ever start playing any of them.

Common sense would seem to imply that the laser has given up the ghost , but I wanted to check that actually is the case before going down the replacement route. If it DOES need replacing, does anyone know the sort of price I'm looking at?

Any help would be appreciated :eek:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Jeff.

It has all the hallmarks of what was happening to mine recently, so I just bit the bullet and replaced it rather than have it repaired. Cost me about £60.

I bought myself a JVC unit and facia surround from Fleabay, fitted it myself, and I have bangin toons again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Quinny, looks like that's what I'll be doing then :) Hopefully a new fascia will stop the current one buzzing loudly at 2,500 rpm!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Jeff.

The fascia surround is actually a piece of trim that 'fills' the gap that will be there when your new unit is fitted. It looks like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fascia-plate-..._Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM&hash=item4aa081e2f0

An aftermarket unit will be like an olde standard fitted radio/cd player, whereas your genuine Peugeot unit is tailored to fit in with the rest of the dash.

Let me know how you get on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts